Your Health Is Your Wealth (5 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
I love walking, I could walk for hours, but my accountability buddy is supposed to be the dog and he is over it. He absolutely has to check the little park every day, but why walk all the way to the end of the park and back when he can efficiently visually assess it from half way? He is not going to put in the mileage I'd need to turn it into exercise.

You certainly know your own life better than anyone here.

Dunno if you have any friends in your life interested in doing it.
What I see at workout groups is all the women in pairs and clusters all chatting and laughing away and supporting each other, and all the dudes on their own, or in barely grunting pairs, running out of conversation after 20 seconds.
I am jealous of the ladies. They seem to get more from it than we do.
If you join a group, you will find someone you like.

Your dog sounds like a very good, efficient boy.

Whatever fitness level you are at or desire to be at, there's some aspiring influencer out there on Youtube or TikTok or Instagram who will entertain you into at least trying something.
Not everyone is "No pain, no gain!"
There are plenty of "Fuck those no-pain-no-gain dickheads" people and every other level in between.

Gonna try and stop posting now. I believe I can.

It's bad enough going to the gym at all but gym music just pushes it over the edge into deranged nightmare territory. I haven't set foot in one since early 2020 and I'm loving it. When I did go I needed a good album on the headphones to drown out the cacophony and hopefully keep me there at least until the album ended. Now I go swimming and I enjoy it but it's not very convenient and so I do it inconsistently and I need to enlist professional help to get me past my current level. Maybe YouTube could help me instead

Now I go swimming and I enjoy it but it's not very convenient and so I do it inconsistently and I need to enlist professional help to get me past my current level. Maybe YouTube could help me instead
Lots of good swimmer people on Youtube
GTN Global Traithlon Network have great swimming sections
BUt tons of other dudes/ladies too

On the music front @Deadmanposting ... saw a TED talk from a guy who'd gone from zero to being able play a song in public on ukulele in 20 hours. Obvs getting good at something takes a lot longer, but getting good enough to enjoy playing uke really takes v little time
A friend got me a guitar cos he thought I would like to learn how to play
And I feel guilt-bound to learn it

But beyond that, like I could play with my brothers, my gf. Like what lifetime am I waiting for, you know?

Thanks, man

This is what I ate today.
This is near perfect (except for no Spinach) and unless I ate bit less I couldn't do any better.

250g Oatmeal w/ 10g Flaxseed
370g cooked Chick Peas
1.5 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 small Courgettes (about 350g)
2 regular size Courgettes
12 sticks Celery

3 bowls cooked Mixed Veg.
w/ Celery, Cabbage, Broccoli, Sprouts.

2.5 Litres Water
-----------------------

A bowl of veg. is a dish shaped like a kids lunchbox but slightly smaller.

I also usually eat a lot of Spinach about 250g (cooked and raw) and a small amount carrots. Just didn't have it to hand today.

The reason for eating things like Celery is purely to fill me up - it has low nutrition.

I gave up eating nuts and fruit at home cause I kept going overboard on them.
On a bad day I would eat loadsa Oatmeal and Beans but not today.

EDIT:
I also take plenty of Calcium supplement plus Vitamin D and B12.

Last edited:
Uke is much easier than guitar fyi - nylon strings are easier on the fingers, only 4 strings so the chords are easier, and it's quieter so if you're playing with people it's not as obvious when you go wrong. You'd get one for under 50 quid, and you can progress to guitar if you like it enough

I also usually eat a lot of Spinach about 250g (cooked and raw) and a small amount carrots. Just didn't have it to hand today.
Because spinach went missing? I hadn't been able to find frozen spinach anywhere for a month and anyone I asked to check said their towns were spinach-less too. It's back in tesco now as of this past weekend, suddenly, several brands.

Because spinach went missing? I hadn't been able to find frozen spinach anywhere for a month and anyone I asked to check said their towns were spinach-less too. It's back in tesco now as of this past weekend, suddenly, several brands.
Lidl have spinach all along!
I just out of it at weekend.

I love it
But I usually throw a bunch in with rice after the rice is cooked and just let the spinach wilt in the hot rice
Maybe I should be doing more
I do not enjoy the weird 'skin' spinach puts on my teeth

This is what I ate today.
This is near perfect (except for no Spinach) and unless I ate bit less I couldn't do any better.

250g Oatmeal w/ 10g Flaxseed
370g cooked Chick Peas
1.5 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 small Courgettes (about 350g)
2 regular size Courgettes
12 sticks Celery

3 bowls cooked Mixed Veg.
w/ Celery, Cabbage, Broccoli, Sprouts.

2.5 Litres Water
-----------------------

A bowl of veg. is a dish shaped like a kids lunchbox but slightly smaller.

The reason for eating things like Celery is purely to fill me up - it has low nutrition.

I gave up eating nuts and fruit at home cause I kept going overboard on them.
On a bad day I would eat loadsa Oatmeal and Beans but not today.

EDIT:
I also take plenty of Calcium supplement plus Vitamin D and B12
That doesn't actually sound well balanced to me.
250g cooked or uncooked oatmeal? Uncooked would be like 5 servings of oatmeal.

Is he an Airfix nerd or Warhammer jock like me?
View attachment 18347
Ships mainly, so many ships.
I think the guys in Marks Models are starting to recognise me now.
For valentines I got him a better lamp and magnifier thing and it was like I’d given him a bag of diamonds.

I’ve learned that buying kits and building kits are two different hobbies, that sometimes overlap.

Uke is much easier than guitar fyi - nylon strings are easier on the fingers, only 4 strings so the chords are easier, and it's quieter so if you're playing with people it's not as obvious when you go wrong. You'd get one for under 50 quid, and you can progress to guitar if you like it enough
I'd also like to endorse the uke. It's fun to play. I got one with a pickup and looking forward to getting some pedals and an amp and really cooking.

I've been walking loads, cut out drinking and eating too much shite.

All it took was a massive health scare to get me to see the error of my ways.

I'm trimmer than I was a year or two ago but am keenly aware I may never correct the mistakes of yesteryear.

I've been finding out about Ozempic, gastral surgery etc but they're really not that appealing to me.

I've been walking loads, cut out drinking and eating too much shite.

All it took was a massive health scare to get me to see the error of my ways.

I'm trimmer than I was a year or two ago but am keenly aware I may never correct the mistakes of yesteryear.

I've been finding out about Ozempic, gastral surgery etc but they're really not that appealing to me.

Just keep doing the next right thing
Our bodies are amazing and they will respond positively to good behaviours like you're doing

Obviously your doc will advise you on Ozempic etc.
But what you have done already is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back