Poor arseholes thread (2 Viewers)

i'm nowhere near as organised as some of you in budgeting. not having kids makes life easier; plus our mortgage is not onerous at all; we were lucky to be able to buy our house in 2012 pretty much at the bottom, and got a nice place for the money.

i'm nowhere near as organised as some of you in budgeting. not having kids makes life easier; plus our mortgage is not onerous at all; we were lucky to be able to buy our house in 2012 pretty much at the bottom, and got a nice place for the money.

We were…not able to do that.

If we ever get a mortgage and a house of our own, that chunk I’ve been saving for The Deposit will probably go straight into my pension.

Delighted to hear this. I know loads of people whose lives are absolutely destroyed by not being able to secure reasonably priced, stable accommodation while also in their 30s, 40s and 50s.

Dunnes have really good rolls and wraps for cheaper than that. The hot roast beef with pickles and horseradish is delicious and about €5.50ish.

a few months ago i stopped into burger king to line my stomach before meeting some friends in a pub - i think it was €11 for a chicken royale meal? i had thought it was going to be about €8 or €9.

a few months ago i stopped into burger king to line my stomach before meeting some friends in a pub - i think it was €11 for a chicken royale meal? i had thought it was going to be about €8 or €9.
Same thing is over £11 in suburban Lahndan. And it is rubbish.

I have a real problem buying prepared food. Like it makes me lazy or something.
I won't even buy like pre-made salads at the supermarket.

I make decent money, but I still go down to the food co-op where they have €2 bags every Friday with spuds and sprouts and other veg and they'll throw in a load of bread for another quid.
Like technically it's for people struggling financially, but I go down to show support. And get cheap food.

I still do buy takeaways and that, but it's not an automatic thing. Like it's a treat or a reward. But also it's not good for you. Loaded with crap.
I feel weird not bringing lunch to work.

And don't say pack a lunch. If I pack a lunch it never makes it past 11am.

I was the same when I was working in town. No kitchen to re-heat anything and it was cold so I felt even hungrier. There were feck-all options around North Frederick Street at the time, too, unless you like under-seasoned soup from The Lovin Spoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back