Poor arseholes thread (2 Viewers)

Saving is a pain in the arse.
I’ve gotten pretty good at making my own sushi now though. It costs about €25 for 4 salmon rolls and about 60 dumplings so it’s a nice treat for a few days at a fraction of the price.
If anyone is near Blanchardstown, try the dumplings down the back of the old greengrocers in the village. It does look a little like the roof is going to fall in and you’ll have to move the flowers and random shit off the top of the freezers. I’m 100% sure that musashi must just use the same brand because they taste the exact same.

ah, justins? when i was about 8 i was there with my dad, and picked up a chilli and asked 'dad, what's this?'
his answer was 'it's a chilli, try it, you'll love it'.
it took my mum several years to forgive him.

It is unfortunate people have to eat vegetables every day other wise I would only spend about 15 euro a week at Lidl.

1 KG Oatmeal @ 99 cents
4 cans of Kidney Beans in water @ 25 cents each
Plus 2.5 litres tap water

That would do me grand daily.
Oh well.

Saving is a pain in the arse.
I’ve gotten pretty good at making my own sushi now though. It costs about €25 for 4 salmon rolls and about 60 dumplings so it’s a nice treat for a few days at a fraction of the price.
If anyone is near Blanchardstown, try the dumplings down the back of the old greengrocers in the village. It does look a little like the roof is going to fall in and you’ll have to move the flowers and random shit off the top of the freezers. I’m 100% sure that musashi must just use the same brand because they taste the exact same.

The one by the Garda station? They have dumplings in there? How long has that been going on?? You mean my whole time living in Coolmine I could’ve had a dumpling supply within a half-hour’s walk??

I’m shocked at how many Thumped people are also living around Dublin 15. It’s not just me!

I don’t should have the Thumped Christmas party in Wetherspoons!

Keep a monthly spending diary. What you made, what you spent, bills ect & what you sent it on.
It will highlight where your money is going and if any cut backs or savings can be made.
Stating the obvious but I did it for years.

Keep a monthly spending diary. What you made, what you spent, bills ect & what you sent it on.
It will highlight where your money is going and if any cut backs or savings can be made.
Stating the obvious but I did it for years.

I did that retrospectively for 2023 pulled the results into Excel and cried. I spent like a sailor on shore leave last year.

I almost never eat out or get fast food
Never buy clothes unless there's an event
Steal all my TV and movies
Don't buy books, use the library
And have hacks for most subscription news sites

But I will splurge on a holiday or anything fitness related

just spend 12 months* making a 15 page spreadsheet that monitors and predicts everything that money does in your life to the point that you just update that and two direct debits once a month. Sometimes you cant save, or you are saving to a point where you can save without bills disrupting saving which is still technically saving.

*It takes 12 months to establish what monthly averages are for heat/electric because summer/winter.

I don't really have social budget thought out tbh. Fair point though.

I keep a basic spreadsheet, being doing for a few years to keep things in check. Anything we get at ‘the shops’ (groceries, household stuff, the odd treat) goes in the left column; transfers for saving, bills and recurring outgoings go on the right; everything else goes in the middle: impulse purchases, stuff from Amazon, takeaways, going-out spending (transport and food included), etc.

You need to get into extreme couponing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its soooo American

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back