Major Pleasures (3 Viewers)

Spend ages walking around Killkenny with the family looking for a pub where we could hear ourselves talk and not be surrounded with Rugby and Paddy's day.
The Major Pleasure was deciding to go to The Home Rule Club on the docks, class "old man's pub". Don't know a thing about it.

Spend ages walking around Killkenny with the family looking for a pub where we could hear ourselves talk and not be surrounded with Rugby and Paddy's day.
The Major Pleasure was deciding to go to The Home Rule Club on the docks, class "old man's pub". Don't know a thing about it.
I've been by it hundreds of times but never went inside. Didn't even know it was still open. Great view across to Dunnes!

I've been by it hundreds of times but never went inside. Didn't even know it was still open. Great view across to Dunnes!
Funny, we were in Kilkenny for the opening of a Portrait Exhibition that is located INSIDE THAT DUNNES. Don't let that put you off, lots of great artworks in there. Including one painted by my wife of our son.

Got my cholesterol down to within normal range
I'm right banging on the ceiling of the upper limit of normal, but gonna try and get it down even further
Really trying to avoid needing pills if I can

Might have to seriously cut back on butter though
And I fucking love butter
And fatty pork - another dear love of mine

Last edited:
I'm right banging on the ceiling of the upper limit of normal, but gonna try and get it down even further
Really trying to avoid needing pills if I can

Might have to seriously cut back on butter though
And I fucking love butter
And fatty pork - another dear love of mine
Bravo. Stop buying butter, it's the only way. It's difficult though.

UTM's cholestrol problems start and end with butter. I rarely eat it myself - olive oil generally is my sub.

Also if you really like butter it's possible you just really like salt, because that is more or less what it tastes like.

Mine's been (well) outside the normal range for 10 years, but my HDLs are high and my blood pressure is low so they cancel out (for now) and I have avoided meds

Check this out btw Total cholesterol and all-cause mortality by sex and age: a prospective cohort study among 12.8 million adults - Scientific Reports ... all-cause mortality study in Korea with >12M participants gives the optimum total cholesterol range between 5.7 and 6.3 mmol/L - a lot higher than the recommended ranges in Ireland

Last edited:
Mine's been (well) outside the normal range for 10 years, but my HDLs and high and my blood pressure is low so they cancel out (for now) and I have avoided meds

Check this out btw Total cholesterol and all-cause mortality by sex and age: a prospective cohort study among 12.8 million adults - Scientific Reports ... all-cause mortality study in Korea with >12M participants gives the optimum total cholesterol range between 5.7 and 6.3 mmol/L - a lot higher than the recommended ranges in Ireland
Blood pressure is good. Like 125 over 79.
HDL is high, but that's the good one.

6.3 mmol/L is 134 mg/DL which is way way lower than where I am at. The upper limit I was given is 13 mmol/L
I don't even think they have butter in Korea though

My cholesterol is way too high and I rarely eat butter or use salt. I eat lots of veg, don't eat meat. So , there's that.

I got a full medical last week. My cholesterol’s a bit high. Everything else is completely fine. My cholesterol always tends to be a little high, every time I’ve checked it over the last 15 years or so. It just seems that I’m prone to it. Overall my diet’s pretty good. I don’t eat a huge amount of junk or processed food. And I drink fuck all these days as well

At a certain point, there's only so much you can do with diet and exercise, and you're bumping into genetics
Anyone that cares about lowering their risk factors beyond that need statins

I desperately do not want to be diabetic

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back