Hellworld Thread (1 Viewer)

I personally would love NOT having lots of hair on my face and some other places - I am especially hairy.
Shaving is such a waste of time and I don't want a beard.

I have never had sex and don't want to. I don't want a girl/boyfriend.
I have never wanted to have kids.

Blockers wouldn't have changed my gender. They just stop puberty -
Puberty is mostly a load of crap.

Still haven't shaved today.
Will get hair cut first - that will force my hand.

If blockers are SAFE let people have the option.
I am not angry whatsoever talking about this.
This has come up here before. IF blockers are not 'safe' (major side affects) that would be an issue.

mayoclinic.org said:

What are the possible side effects and complications?​

Use of GnRH analogues also might have long-term effects on:
  • Growth spurts.
  • Bone growth.
  • Bone density.
  • Fertility, depending on when the medicine is started.
If individuals assigned male at birth begin using GnRH analogues early in puberty, they might not develop enough skin on the penis and scrotum to be able to have some types of gender-affirming surgeries later in life. But other surgery approaches usually are available.

How about if they were being adminstered to a child you care about?
I don't think blockers can be ruled out for everyone.
It reminds me of abortion rights - I only want people to have all options to make decisions over their bodies that suit them.
It is not as big a decision as transitioning.
If I was guardian of a kid who wanted to use blockers I would support them if they insisted.

Yes it is easy to say blockers would have suited me but it was after the fact - too late to matter.

Generally speaking - people are pushed into narrow lifestyle options and those who opt out are all but institutionally discriminated against for not following conventional choices.

The bone density issue is not dissimilar to what women face from what I remember reading when this has come up before.
I don't know how it would effect women taking blockers.

The bone density issue is not dissimilar to what women face from what I remember reading when this has come up before.
Side effects of the contraceptive pill are blood clots and cancer for comparison.

How about if they were being adminstered to a child you care about?
Do you get to talk to the child and clinician first? Or do you mean some clandestine backstreet puberty blocking gang?

Do you get to talk to the child and clinician first?
Meh, I'm not even arguing against puberty blockers, I'm just trying to point out that you don't have to be anti-trans to be sketchy about them.

They have side effects, and they have been prescribed when they probably shouldn't have, and people are very protective of children, especially when they have children they care about in their own lives.

Neither do I! I'm just trying to illustrate that people are not going to be as blasé about their children as you are about yourself
I suppose the point is all medicines have side effects.

Being pregnant ain't good for her health, Dad!

Studies of Korean Eunuchs in the royal court over many generations found they lived far longer than most men.

I had many friends who were on lots of medication and it usually led to weight gain.

One guy in his late 30's got a huge surge of adrenalin to his heart from his Adrenal gland and he died instantly.
Family never got a satisfactory answer why this happened.

I suppose the point is all medicines have side effects
They do, and people weigh those risks against the benefits when they're taking or prescribing medicines, and they weigh the risks/benefits differently when the people taking the medicines are children. If you were 12 now you might ask for puberty blockers so you'd never have to shave, but it's unlikely your parents would be on board with that (or that you would be yourself if you had kids)

They do, and people weigh those risks against the benefits when they're taking or prescribing medicines, and they weigh the risks/benefits differently when the people taking the medicines are children. If you were 12 now you might ask for puberty blockers so you'd never have to shave, but it's unlikely your parents would be on board with that (or that you would be yourself if you had kids)
I don't have kids you'll be thankful to know.

Listen - at 12 I couldn't have made a decision on this even if I was given the choice.

I highly doubt you'd want your kids to take blockers even if they had no side effects - would you?
Yes or No?
So it isn't solely based on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back