switzerland (1 Viewer)

eoghan_dubhdara

so has ananyyone been to switzerland? i've never been but due to circumstances its the only country i can go sking in. its very dear whereever ive looked. have never been sking. anyone know good or cheap places to go in switzerland?

i spent a week in geneva once - it was very expensive and quite boring. i found an excellent record shop but everything was too expensive. this was 10 years ago and i had hardly any money so maybe its cheaper now.

spent a few days in interlaken donkeys years ago. thoroughly enjoyed it.
if you go there, go to the beatushöhlen and the trummelbach falls; the former is a 1.4km long cave system, with guided tours, the latter is a waterfall inside a mountain.

Has anyone done the Golden Eye Bungee jump? I've become slightly obsessed with the idea and want to do it in 2010. I'd want to make it a long weekend type trip and see other things as well. Who has been there?

Awesome.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Spent a day in Zurich while interrailling. Horrible people, too many bees, too expensive, boring, unfriendly, looked like a giant shopping mall, hated it and everybody there. Mind you I've heard people raving about it. Interlakken is apparently like spring break all year round cos the yanks have made shite of it.

I detest their football team too. Boring cunts.

Spent a day in Zurich while interrailling. Horrible people, too many bees, too expensive, boring, unfriendly, looked like a giant shopping mall, hated it and everybody there. Mind you I've heard people raving about it. Interlakken is apparently like spring break all year round cos the yanks have made shite of it.

I detest their football team too. Boring cunts.

Great, I'll fit in so.

If you go, remember to bring your own water, a set of weights and a small wooden statuette of your mother. And salt. Lots and lots of salt.

I totally agree. Great train service, fantastic scenery. But it's just so expensive, that it would put me off going there on a longer trip. A couple of years ago I cycled around Lake Konstanz and everything from accommodation to food was at least twice as expensive as in the German or Austrian sides.

I totally agree. Great train service, fantastic scenery. But it's just so expensive, that it would put me off going there on a longer trip. A couple of years ago I cycled around Lake Konstanz and everything from accommodation to food was at least twice as expensive as in the German or Austrian sides.
Reading a thing in the paper a few weeks back how no one in Zurich can afford to buy a house there
Like basically no one.
People that make €250k - not a hope. Renters.

Kinda not surprising, you walk around Zurich and it's fucking Ferraris and Porsches and the most fuck off Mercs you ever saw, just everywhere.

ETA - found it
Average mortgage downpayment is €300k
Lol

1704644103960.png

I went to a conference in Geneva and had to take the bus back to France to eat and sleep because it was so expensive in Switzerland. I had to walk to France one night because there’s no bus after 10 or something and taxis were only for people with UN expenses accounts (and there’s no pedestrian access to the border at night because *obviously* people only drive, right?).

I went to a conference in Geneva and had to take the bus back to France to eat and sleep because it was so expensive in Switzerland. I had to walk to France one night because there’s no bus after 10 or something and taxis were only for people with UN expenses accounts (and there’s no pedestrian access to the border at night because *obviously* people only drive, right?).
In short, shit country even with the scenery.

I stayed here for a couple of days:

Best flights we could get flew us into Geneva and out of Zurich, or vice versa. Both two hour train rides. I didn't mind because I like Twain's. DOUBLE DECKER TRAINS!!!! Tickets were I think €300 each.

Actually Milan is the nearest airport but the Swiss told us that that airport is unacceptable.

Prices are not totally atrocious. There's skiing, even when it's 25C at valley level.

I thank it for my life-changing conversion to sparkling water. Local wine is really good ("yes, of course you don't know about Swiss wine, we keep the good wine for ourselves").

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back