Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (13 Viewers)

2 things that needs to happen

everyone is panicked about the spread of this thing. Lets give it to everyone. Problem solved.

Also, why have we not heard from someone whose actually had it? Are they afraid of what might happen when we find out it does nothing more than give you a runny nose?

thanks. Interesting read. So out of the 2 definite cases, and possible other cases, in his family, his seemed by far the worst, with even grandma recovering after 4 days. I'd guess that was on the more severe end of things, and less than a month on they're all completely in the clear. Nice one.

How you self isolate in a shared gaff?

Is there a risk for me if I live in a house with someone who is a contact?
Yes, a person living with a contact will become a contact if that person becomes ill, so there is some risk in being in the same house as a contact.

The risk can be greatly reduced by keeping distance as much as possible and by ensuring proper hand hygiene as much as possible.

Keeping things clean is very important, particularly if the contact is a partner or child.

This risk is something you may accept so you can support those you care about. You may not have much choice if you have no other place to live.

You can catch it a second time. There was a woman in Japan.
I'm not sure about this - I think people are being told they're better when in fact they're getting a false negative.

That said anything is possible. Anything.

THIS GIANT VIRUS WILL KILL US ALL.

thanks. Interesting read. So out of the 2 definite cases, and possible other cases, in his family, his seemed by far the worst, with even grandma recovering after 4 days. I'd guess that was on the more severe end of things, and less than a month on they're all completely in the clear. Nice one.
Grandma has immune system of steel from being exposed to viruses in the 1940s.

the advice about washing your hands for as long as it takes to sing 'happy birthday' twice is causing ructions in my sister's house, where the soon to be three year old is getting very angry at people singing happy birthday when her birthday is nearly a week away.
Do we also have to include the 'jolly good fellow' bit that everyone hates?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah we'll see

Cases in Germany have climbed to 600 by 3pm local time, reports Kate Connolly in Berlin.

So far there have been no deaths, while 16 people have recovered, according to the Robert Koch Institute, the foremost advisory body to the German government on health and safety issues. At 7am this morning there had been 534 confirmed cases.

The government’s announcement that it is to ban the export of its protective clothing including masks, gloves and medical overalls, is being examined closely by officials at the European Commission in Brussels, according to a commission spokeswoman, who said the move was being treated with “special urgency”.

According to EU rules member states have the right to restrict exports within the single market under certain circumstances, including public health concerns. Belgium’s health minister, Maggie De Block was highly critical of Germany’s decision, telling a meeting of her EU colleagues in Brussels, “this is not in the spirit of the EU” and calling for more solidarity, according to German media.

Thieves in Germany have been stealing protective masks as well as disinfectant, from trains, hospitals, hotels and public toilets, according to media reports. Large quantities of disinfectant and masks were also stolen from a children’s cancer ward at the Berlin hospital, Charité.

A workshop for people with disabilities has been training its employees to make the masks to try to meet demand. “We tried out a couple. Now we’ve got the hang of it, we’re turning out as many as we can, we’ve made 100 so far,” Julie Bloedorn of the Workshop Altnoythe in Cloppenburg said.

Most German protective masks are imported from China which has halted the export of them to Germany because of high domestic demand.

It has been reported that a 24 year old German who has an online fancy dress shop, has made a small fortune, buying up masks from other countries, including Poland and China, ahead of the growth of the virus, and selling them on for a tidy profit.

*Leaking corona-infected snot and brain fluid on the bus floor* "Must... Attend... Business conference!"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah we'll see

Hopefully this crisis will result in the installation of those ass washing hoses that are standard in most civilised countries. I'm sure they could also have prevented the fatberg crisis. Toilet paper is fairly barbaric.

Hopefully this crisis will result in the installation of those ass washing hoses that are standard in most civilised countries. I'm sure they could also have prevented the fatberg crisis. Toilet paper is fairly barbaric.

Tell me more about these hoses

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back