Stars Of The Lid, Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh - National Concert Hall, 9th October (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
starsofthelid01-1024x439.jpg

Stars Of The Lid will be joined by Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh for a National Concert Hall show in October

Read the whole post here.

what's the ó raghallaigh gonna bring to the party? i know he's on an n.c.h. residency so they need to get bang for their buck, but this jury's out.
I've only seen him live once with David Donohue and it was amazing. Super minimal violin drones and Donohue doing these mad synthesiser/keyboard textures over it. I'm hoping for more of the same.

I've only seen him live once with David Donohue and it was amazing. Super minimal violin drones and Donohue doing these mad synthesiser/keyboard textures over it. I'm hoping for more of the same.
was that supporting Julia Kent? I was at that. I couldn't remember your man's name. The whole set was improvised as far as I know.

I saw him live on his own once (supporting Moonface in that church opposite burdocks). I thought he was very good. I'll certainly be in early to see him anyway.

Indeed, that was a dull set from what I remember. He seems to have disappeared, he was the next big thing in the little world of ambient-y/shoegaze-y type music for a while.
I saw him upstairs in Whelans about 2 months ago. He was grand. Sold out 2 shows in the one night (one regular time, one late).

was that supporting Julia Kent? I was at that. I couldn't remember your man's name. The whole set was improvised as far as I know.

I saw him live on his own once (supporting Moonface in that church opposite burdocks). I thought he was very good. I'll certainly be in early to see him anyway.
i'm not knocking him as a player - he's a class act. seen him do jazz, trad (but not the gloaming). just wondering if he's the best fit for sotl. i'll be in at doors too.

a friend of mine is a composer and a total synth nerd. He and some of his fellow synth nerds are heading along on friday, purely because of the Moog 55 System they're using for these shows. They wouldn't be particularly familiar with SOTL at all.

Can't say I know much about that instrument. It was mentioned in that totally dublin interview (The Cosmic Ballet Goes On: An interview with Stars of the Lid) that some thumped quitter lad did with Adam Wiltzie.

a friend of mine is a composer and a total synth nerd. He and some of his fellow synth nerds are heading along on friday, purely because of the Moog 55 System they're using for these shows. They wouldn't be particularly familiar with SOTL at all.

Can't say I know much about that instrument. It was mentioned in that totally dublin interview (The Cosmic Ballet Goes On: An interview with Stars of the Lid) that some thumped quitter lad did with Adam Wiltzie.
Friday? Is it not on Sunday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back