champions league semis (2 Viewers)

Interesting comment from Milan's manager Carlo Ancelotti

"The final will be a fascinating challenge - Liverpool are not as good as Manchester United but they are harder physically."

i thought milan were absolutely brilliant tonight. one of the best midfield performances i have seen in a long long time. gattuso showed why all the best teams need an inspirational defensive midfielder who can TACKLE. seedorf played brilliantly as well. Kaka showed Ronaldo how to perform in the big occasion.

janer i thought that giving ronaldo a 7 who hugely generous. he didnt track back and just lost the ball all night. i can only remember one bit of quality play from him and that was the cross for rooneys attempted scissors kick.

carrick was awful in every sense of the word. you pay 18M for players with experience in this environment. carrick doesnt possess that

Milan -amazing performance.

yeah I agree Milan have Gattuso and Pirlo to keep things tight and spray the ball around respectively Man Utd don't really have anyone in either of those roles.

in a strange way it's depressing that the best team in England could be dominated in such a comprehensive way.

:D :D

Milan were excellent tonight, came out the blocks so fast and United never got or were allowed to get going......defensively they were a shambles, only Paul Scholes came out with any credit tbh.

Van der saar not much he could do with goals 7

Heinze Piss poor and has looked like that the last few months, hard to believe this is the same player that 1st came to United and became a fans favourite. 5

O'Shea usual display were he tries but just out of his class 6

Vidic didn't look match fit but improved after the break, skinned by Kaka all night 5

Brown his normal quite unassuming self 5

Carrick let down Scholes badly in midfield and looked in awe of Milan, oh and he cost £18 million? 5

Fletcher much like Carrick really and missed a decent chance which coulda got United back into the game 5

Scholes by far Uniteds best player and never gave up, badly let down by his fellow midfielders 8

Giggs not a night he will want to remember and he looked every bit his age 5

Ronaldo never let play by Milan and by his standards not great 7

Rooney very poor game which was suprising considering he had 11 goals in his last 12 games 6

Rain great effects and flashes of brilliance with lightning, never gave up all night 10

:)

Can't wait ofr The Milan/Liverpool final.

Lets be realistic with the ratings Janer

Van der saar not much he could do with goals 7 agree with that one

Heinze out of position for most of the match and constantly gave the ball away 3

O'Shea continually hit hit balls up to rooney and didnt cover his position 3

Vidic looked like the best utd defender albeit having to cover for the others 6

Brown his normal quite unassuming self 5 - yep

Carrick did he make one good pass 3

Fletcher ran for the entire game but that was about it 4

Scholes bollocks to him being the best player(there was no best player), he was no existent in the first half and only played for 15-20 min 6

Giggs looked like an 80 year paraplegic 3

Ronaldo good lord 3

Rooney could do absolutely nothing with what he was given. Ferguson should not have played him up front on his own. Why were high ball been given to him. nesta had him for breakfast lunch and dinner. 4 (gets a low rating because he did nothing but it was not really his fault.)

That defeat really really hurt, wouldnt mind going out if we looked like we gave a shit but we were just awful. Couple this with milan being very good and you have the embarrassment that was last night. Ferguson completely got it wrong, we were never going to get at milan with just rooney up front and we had quite a defensive midfield.

Best quote of the night though was from bill!

"Roma are not even in the same league as Milan"

I know he didnt mean it literally, but was still funny

That was painful to watch, I started out perched on the edge of the couch but ended slouched in the corner covered in my own waste. United had nothing to offer every run they made was blocked by a milan player, every cross was cut out by a Milan player and every attack was broken up by a Milan player. Fergie should have changed to the team around long before he brought in Saha, when you're 2 goals down and only have Rooney upfront changes need to be made long before the 78 minute. The Gunner and Sm,ith should have all been brought on.

To conclude we have played Milan four times now in the last three years and in three of those games we only managed a total of one shot on target....

Oh and John Giles can shove his honesty of effort up his brown eye....

Fantastic stuff. I love when Milan play like that. They passed well, had some great build ups, scored 3 great goals and defended like motherfuckers. They only slowed at about 60/70 minutes into the game and United looked more like scoring then than at any other point, but they picked up again towards the end. Great stuff. I'm not a Milan supporter, but I'm happy to see them in the final instead of United.

Hopefully a final worthy of 2005 is in store.

I've admired man utd's cavalier approach this season but I love it - love it - that they've been shown up like this. They've been running on fumes for months, stealing flukey wins in Lille, at Anfield, and not getting tonked by a superior Chelski team at the devilbowl. Caught out at last.

Rafa's rotation policy cost Liverpool a shot at the league early on but you look at the energy of Milan and Liverpool the other night and you can see why he does it.
Rafa predicted a Milan-Liverpool final back in February.

Good luck to Arsenal this weekend (which is my roundabout way of saying, good luck to United too)

Milan were good last night, but I still haven't forgotten how shite they were against Bayern.

Pool for the cup.

I'm glad they went out to an Italian team and convincingly so. After they made fools of Roma everyone was saying "well.. that's that for Italian football". Obviously not. Still, I'd be happy to see Liverpool do the business again if they put on a performance like 2 years ago.

I'm glad they went out to an Italian team and convincingly so. After they made fools of Roma everyone was saying "well.. that's that for Italian football". Obviously not. Still, I'd be happy to see Liverpool do the business again if they put on a performance like 2 years ago.
Alternativley, one good half from Milan doesn't make up for the fact that Italian football is in it's worse state for many years.

united didn't show up last night, and fergie got it very very wrong
liverpool have every chance, especially with mascherano on form

he's playing like a man who started the season as a west ham sub fighting relegation,
who suddenly finds himself thrust into the spotlight of the european cup final... oh wait

Alternativley, one good half from Milan doesn't make up for the fact that Italian football is in it's worse state for many years.

true.. but nonetheless.. I reckon United thought they had them. A team of auld lads playing a team of yungfellas. United had momentum, Milan looked tired and out of spark (bar kaka). And then they played like that last night.

I swore i could hear your laughs bouncing off the dublin mountains last night.
akschwelly i missed practically all of the game. busy you see.
i had ever faith in milan to do it. the premiership, yet again, believes it's own hype.

true.. but nonetheless.. I reckon United thought they had them. A team of auld lads playing a team of yungfellas. United had momentum, Milan looked tired and out of spark (bar kaka). And then they played like that last night.
Don't get me wrong, United were muck last night. I just don't buy into the line Dunphy and Brady were towing last night about Milan 'being the bar'. They have been average, Kaka aside, and 45 minutes of great football shouldn't gloss over that.

united didn't show up last night, and fergie got it very very wrong
liverpool have every chance, especially with mascherano on form

he's playing like a man who started the season as a west ham sub fighting relegation,
who suddenly finds himself thrust into the spotlight of the european cup final... oh wait
he should let his mate tevez in on that. come on, carlos... joinnnn uuuussss

Don't get me wrong, United were muck last night. I just don't buy into the line Dunphy and Brady were towing last night about Milan 'being the bar'. They have been average, Kaka aside, and 45 minutes of great football shouldn't gloss over that.

If Milan were such a bar, they wouldn't be third in Serie A and 28 points behind Inter.

Lacking honesty of effort in the league maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back