The band you were obsessed about when you were young (2 Viewers)

the monkees, the blues brothers, the beatles.

the holy trinity of bands that made up the soundtrack of watching the ultimate warrior wrestling, going to the scouts and playing spectrum 48k.

also i remember jumping around my living room with my mate jimmy dancing and singing along to the timewarp by damien.

Duran Duran
The Beatles
The Jesus & Mary Chain
The Damned
Gene Loves Jezebel/ The Sisters of Mercy (aka Lolo - the goth years)
The Stooges (never really grew out of this one)

The Fat Lady Sings

Pixies - they still rock.

Snap.

I think TFLS sound awful shite now.

a-house

sonic youth

grant lee buffalo

radiohead

smashing pumpkins

fugazi

NPB

pavement

and probly some other more embarrassing ones i should keep to meself.!ninjaaaa

i loved the manics and suede...cant really bear to listen to either of them now..

also went through a brief nu-metal stage..mostly because the boys who were into them were very hot when i was 17:)

*in order*

My Pampers Kids tapes
Queen
REM
Smashing Pumpkins
Manic Street Preachers
Jeff Buckley

these bands form the majority of my favourite albums list

sultacsitc6951982868211290.jpg

i was obsessed with Niall O Flaherty's Dad.
When I was 3 and he called round to our house to fix the washing machine. i sat with him for 3 hours asking him all about washing machines and what he was doing.
he told my parents i was the most talkative 3 year old he had ever come across...

I'll never forget when I went to my first Sultans gig...
Everyone on their backs doing bycicles in the air with their legs...

Later at the indie disco, when they played Sit Down by James everyone would stop dancing and sit down on the floor...

Ah Cork... We were mad bastards so we were...

i was also obsessed with bis.am heading to see them on saturday for their reunion gig and i couldn't be more excited!

Jaysus, how did I forget bis????!

I was OBSESSED with them. The day they were on TOTP doing Kandy Pop, I told EVERYONE in my year in school to watch them. That was in 2nd year. I still get stick about it.
My dad brought me to see them in Charlie's Bar supporting Bikini Kill. I got their autographs and bought a t-shirt that was 10 sizes too big for me. It was one of the greatest thrills of my life.

My hotmail email address which I've had since 1996 is named after one of their members.

From cassettes (owned by family members) I used to love Cindy Lauper/Billy Joel/The Shadows and Blondie, from the radio The Art of Noise, 1st LP was The Cult (ended up getting almost everything by them), 1st CD was Janes Addiction, think that might have been a slightly obsessive thing, but nothing sloberly

When I was 11 and 12 I just listened to Green Day's Dookie. And got completely pot luck when I bought the first Weezer album on tape on account of Buddy Holly being a hit around the same ages. Soundgarden's Superunknown as well. Prior to this I was pretty smitten with R Kelly's infectious 'She's got that vibe'.

Around 14 and 15 I became hooked on everything Bob Mould - listened to Copper Blue (Sugar) hundreds of times as well as Candy Apple Grey (husker du) about the same.

Foo Fighters, Jeff Buckley, Pixies, Idlewild all through secondary school. Turning point came with At the Drive In, acumulating with seeing them in the music centre.

Next big obsession from ages 18/19 which will stay with me til I'm in a coffin - Lift to Experience. Blew my unwashed mind. And continues to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back