Glastonbury 2016 (1 Viewer)

chris d

Supporter
I'm not starting a new thread. Adele's I love Eastenders schtick wore pretty thin pretty fast last night. Skyfall was good, couldn't hack the filler.

Coldplay now. Hair transplant.

Underworld were the only decent headliners, Adele & Coldplay are too pedestrian. Haven't heard much of Adele but I have heard of her 'down to earthness / salt of the earth' shtick alright.

Saw some Christine & the Queens who weren't bad, french pop. Can't understand why Wolf Alice are remotely popular, very boring. Must check out the iPlayer if there's anything interesting.

I'm sure this is a great festival. You just wouldn't know it from the TV coverage. Of all the coverage I saw over the weekend, New Order were the ones who caught me by surprise. They sounded great. They were on the Rewind circuit a few years ago and I caught a performance from one of those shows on Sky Arts. It was dreadful. But they're going all-out with their latest set. Still think the new album is dull though.

Oh, and Madness. Always great fun but hardly a revelation.

I know lots of great bands played at this (and play at it every year). Just, BBC telly didn't show many of them because that isn't what the kidz want. The kidz want Adele (amy winehouse with less good songs), and Coldplay (aural equivalent of vomit). Kidz are idiots.

I didn't see a huge amount of it to be fair. It is a shame BBC3 is gone since it usually takes care of the guff leaving BBC4 to show more decent acts. The budget cuts did seem to have the benefit of culling the wanker presenters, I didn't see Rufus Hound once. Radcliff is wasted having to talk about the headliners. 2016 Jo Whiley doesn't look much different to 1996 Jo Whiley, I wonder if the years have been as kind to Steve Lamacq.

Saw some Christine & the Queens who weren't bad, french pop.
I saw them/her doing Tilted on the bbc set. It was brilliant, never heard of them before. Her Frenchness was hilarious, Antoine de Caunes-esque.

watched PJ Harvey last night and couldn't tell if she was taking the piss or not during her set. So I'm listening to her album to see if she was taking the piss. Apparently shes not. Unless she's taking the piss on her album too. Its dreadful.

What's with those dopey flags on huge poles people are waving? Ruining it for everyone.

4fb5f90f3cfdcd288fd850bb92032fc8.png

Look..glass bottles at an outdoor gig..are they insane?!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back