What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (2 Viewers)

I reread Fahrenheit 451 this week..prolly 20 years or more since I first read it.I enjoyed it!

Picked up two pocket sized oldies for €7 from The Secret Book and Record Store

11045014_10206515363469846_2508518698328161283_o.jpg

Boleno - 2666. Took a long time, only found out at end it was a posthumous release of 3 book series. and 3 big feckers too!!!! Class book.
Onto Unbroken now for some lightness after that.

billy_idol_dancing_with_myself_final_cover-1.jpg

Billy Idol takes all the drugs and has sex with everyone for about 15 years and then....stops. Ridiculous, highly quotable, very clever and very dumb at the same time, much like his music really. Entertaining stuff.

Yeah, read that recently. Its kind of like a holiday read. Tabloidy sorta shite. Thats DEFINITELY the last musician bio im ever reading though. They're nearly all the same, egomaniacs. I found it a nice break in between books written by people that can write though (not that I can tell the difference much!!).

Recently read Under The Skin by Michel Faber and The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham, both highly enjoyable.

I am re-reading Alan Garner's Stone Book Quartet which I read a few years ago for college and could barely follow at the time.

Reading with a bit less pressure now and it's really blowing me away. It unapologetically drops in all the language (jargon?) of stonemasonry and just expects the reader to go along with it.

It's probably everything an MFA program would discourage in writing and all the better for it.

The Stone Book Quartet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unbroken has got the shittiest, most disappointing last third and especially ending of any book I've ever read. The first half or 2/3rds was good. Avoid it....... Actually, if you have to read any of it, read the first half then put it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back