Minor Pleasures (3 Viewers)

Tooth picks are great. Over the last while I've used tooth picks:
to clean out the headphone socket on my phone.
as a replacement hanger for our calendar.
to remove a wrongly inserted SD card holder from my laptop.

As far as I can recall I've never actually used 1 for picking my teeth.

Tooth picks are great. Over the last while I've used tooth picks:
to clean out the headphone socket on my phone.
as a replacement hanger for our calendar.
to remove a wrongly inserted SD card holder from my laptop.

As far as I can recall I've never actually used 1 for picking my teeth.

You haven't lived.

national

see the 1916 rising through the eyes of a hammerhead shark

Sup?

fa2ec198f156d93c8f636e59791f268a.jpg

As I remember the further you go up stairs the more weird and gross the exhibits got with lots of odd stuff that should have been left on the bottom of the sea. Everything is kind of gross as well because it is all dead its like looking at someone's old hair or toenail clippings

As I remember the further you go up stairs the more weird and gross the exhibits got with lots of odd stuff that should have been left on the bottom of the sea. Everything is kind of gross as well because it is all dead its like looking at someone's old hair or toenail clippings

You must have loved that, no?

The best things were the extinct Irish animals like the giant elk and some woolly mammoth remains but it is a long time since I was there

i used to love the glass models of anemones and things

the other thing that stands out in my memory is a chimp posed on a tree with a big dusty dried-out willy just hanging down in front of god and everyone

i used to love the glass models of anemones and things

the other thing that stands out in my memory is a chimp posed on a tree with a big dusty dried-out willy just hanging down in front of god and everyone

The glass models are worth a fortune. They were made by a family of glassmakers in Germany and Dublin has one of the best collections of their work.
Collections-based Biology in Dublin

The Natural History Museum was originally the TCD Zoology department collection, all donated when the university ran out of space. TCD has kept some things and has a small museum in the Zoology department which can be viewed by appointment, including another rake of those Blaschka models. I did a summer project in the lab next door to the museum there years ago and used to spend ages looking at all the cool stuff (including a pelican skeleton and dozens of snakes in big jars in the basement).

they have a few blaschka beasties in the museum in edinburgh but they're fairly shite
they look like cakes that didn't turn out right

I used to live by a riverside in Australia for a little while a few year back there was a lake there beside it that I used to walk around every morning to go to work to pick oranges there used to be something like a hundred pelicans or so sitting out there
44-large.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back