Love/Hate (1 Viewer)

Here are only some of the things that annoyed me.

Knocking shop isn't crawling with cops after manager is tortured and murdered. In fact everybody acts as if ah sure it's grand apart from Nidge's cigarette burn. Nidge's sanctimoniousness was irritating in light of fact he firebombed Fran's wife, murdered IRA assassin woman, etc. etc.

Nidge flies to Spain for eh, alibi? eh? tension? eh, we did on location shoot and need to use the footage?

Knocking shop manager/madam puts cops names in her contacts as "Garda x" (annoying bit from previous episode but referred to again).

Nidge concerned about rats but not Patrick or for that matter Fran, you'd think he'd have been told that Fran had legged it from prison, he's only the head of a criminal organisation after all.

Cops not really giving a shit about Fran having assaulted a cop then escaped.

Trish is a waste of space and screen time. Also, Nidge's plethora of enemies appear to have no idea she exists.

Whole Scotty plot was apropos of precisely zero too.

The cops are the least charismatic actors I've seen on Irish telly.

Why was Fran left to his own devices once returned to jail?

How come Nidge no longer has anyone guarding him? Mr "I'm here to keep you alive."

The Fran rape scene was clearly just done out of some gross sensationalism/titillation.

Overall what's most wrong other than all the things is the series is too short. There's not enough time in 6 episodes to tell the story they seem to be attempting to. So you have Síobhán bringing up information from a previous series that I was hard pressed to recall and would flummox many viewers. It's a pity, given the time constraints that the script writer included so many superfluous scenes, characters.

Overall what's most wrong other than all the things is the series is too short. There's not enough time in 6 episodes to tell the story they seem to be attempting to. So you have Síobhán bringing up information from a previous series that I was hard pressed to recall and would flummox many viewers. It's a pity, given the time constraints that the script writer included so many superfluous scenes, characters.

Yeah I think that's the crux of it really. The first couple of series, it wasn't a big deal having them at 6 episodes or anything. But since Nidge has taken over, they do seem to have been aiming at longer more intricate story lines, which are then cut in half presumably because RTE won't give them any fucking money to make more episodes. Season 5 really does suffer quite badly from that alright.

Despite the nay sayers, I'm happy that the public have been genuinely excited about a quality homemade drama rather than the latest american "greatest tv show ever" from HBO our whoever.

nadine's great, don't know what she's doing with that johnny vegas looking prick in the first place
has a thing for awful-looking fellas it looks like

I just mean in the context of the storyline.
I would argue the opposite. This was one of the moments that there was a genuinely careful, tense build-up to. Nidge visiting Noely, telling him to get pally with Fran, then get him when he least expects. Then the relationship between the 2. Even after Fran returns to jail, Noelly being all pally with him. I thought at that stage that he might even have come around and had actually forgotten about what he did on his ma's grave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back