What movie did you watch last night? (24 Viewers)

Scarecrow. Jesus Christ. What a fucking great movie. Two amazing performances by the two lads.

Scarecrow.jpg
I just watched this.Absolutely terrific.
8/10

A walk amongst the tombstones

Liam Neeson is a man with a particular set of skills. Skills that will make him a nightmare for some dudes that are murdering people.
Michael Collins plays a private detective that used to be a cop ("I SHOT A KID") and gets hired by a drug dealer to track down some killers.
This film is actually genuinely quite good. The Americans it seems have been taking lessons from the Scandinavians in how to make really good gritty dark thrillers, and this ain't up to Danish standards, but it's a good watch nonetheless.
Brian Mills doesn't really go around beating people up in this film like he does in other films, but he still does enough to keep it interesting.
Surprisingly good show, although nothing groundbreaking by any means.

It was a shit film, Liam Neeson is a in a fucking coma through out it. Riddled with embarrassing cliches - cute kid, a man struggling with his demons..seeks redemption..all right through to the same shitty ending that we have seen in a thousand other lame thrillers.

I watched Video Games The Movie last night because I have owned a lot of games consoles starting with SNES, Dreamcast, Playstation 1.2.3.& 4 , Nintendo Wii, Xbox etc etc etc. This docu goes back to the 50's when the very first arcade game was created in a computer lab..back when computers were valve operated right up to the Occulus Rift. Great if you are into games and finding out were it all started, interesting social commentary about how games are actually enhancing intelligence, education and community.The industry very nearly went belly up with Atari's disastrous 'ET The Movie' game. It was coat tailing that movies enormous success but had to rush release it in time for the Christmas market and the result was lousy, mediocre game that completely put gamers off their consoles. Atari went bust but a few years later the likes of Sega and Nintendo, learning from Atari's colossal mistake ; stepped in and filled the glaring gap in the market. No mention of the Spectrum 48k or Commodore 64 which would have been nice but a solid enough and enjoyable documentary.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Watched the ninth gate crazy how much smoking is in this film even in buildings it was made in 1999. Watched a few scenes on youtube before hand which sort of spoiled it a bit. Johnny Depp plays a dealer in rare and antiquarian books and is given the task to investigate copy's of a book in Spain and France. In the process he uncovers a strange cult his employer turns out to be an obsessed madman and he meets Lucifer which is the best thing that happens to him. Im gona watch Conan the barbarian now.

Last edited:
Gone Girl

Saw it today. It ticked most of the boxes of a very decent thriler, but while it was justifiably ludicrous, it lost the run of itself in the second half. It was also frequently very unpleasant and if it hadn't been written by a Gillian Flynn, David Fincher might have taken a real pasting for its treatment and attitude towards women.

Edit: Sorry that was a real mouthful.

It's a good thriller that turns silly, but is well worth seeing

if it hadn't been written by a Gillian Flynn, David Fincher might have taken a real pasting for its treatment and attitude towards women.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.
He gets the best out of everyone though, it seems. Even Tyler Perry is good in this.
I am also fast developing a fascination with Carrie Coon.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.
He gets the best out of everyone though, it seems. Even Tyler Perry is good in this.
I am also fast developing a fascination with Carrie Coon.

Yeah, Carrie Coon was great in this. She had a very strong, familiar presence, but I don't think I'v ever seen her in anything before.

Tyler Perry was very funny. Is he normally crap?

I thought Ben Affleck was great too. He's very underrated as an actor in my opinion.

Tyler Perry was very funny. Is he normally crap?

He's a big time director of movies that mostly appeal to the black community. He also acts a lot though.
I saw Alex Cross one night and he looked like a director trying to act. From that view, he's a revelation in this.

Ben Affleck was great too. He's very underrated as an actor

I think he's rated about right. He's perfect in this.

Carrie Coon

Seen her in one episode of the Leftovers. She's a goddamn revelation.
Married an old guy too! Big plus. Ha.

There's a line in the book where he describes himself
"I’m a working-class Irish kid trapped in the body of a total trust-fund douchebag."
And I remember reading it and thinking "Oh, that's why they got Affleck"
He comes across as someone you know is probably an okay guy, but you still want to punch anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back