What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

^ Take Shelter is exceptional.

I watched Begin Again because I was dropping my womb lining and needed something I didn't have to think about. I never saw, nor do I intend to see Once, but this was surprisingly ok. Like, just that, surprisingly OK.

Also its actually impossible for me to fancy anyone more than I do Mark Ruffalo, and I like Hailee Steinfeld and Catherine Keener, so the cast made it more likeable.

begin-again-2.jpg

234257.1020.jpeg

Deconstructing Harry.

a decent woody allen movie that slipped through the cracks for me. Thought it was really good. file in same category as Stardust Memories. Writer character. fucked up life/relationships.movie intertwined with bits of the writer's fictional stories and real life.
I heard that the writer in question is based on Philip Roth. If you're interested. The only Woody Allen movie I've like since Bullets Over Broadway, I reckon.

I heard that the writer in question is based on Philip Roth. If you're interested. The only Woody Allen movie I've like since Bullets Over Broadway, I reckon.
Watched it again only a couple of weeks ago. It's very enjoyable and yeah one of that last decent ones. Was Sweet and Lowdown before or after that? Midnight in Paris was good, if not laugh out loud funny like those above. I like the look of his latest, although could just be Emma Stone in the trailor.

Saw Two Days, One Night last week. Best movie I've seen so far this year. Marion is excellent in it. Great premise that throws up a host of interesting quandries on the nature of democracy, depression, worker's rights and sexism both at home and in the workplace.
-Mesmerising--Marion-Coti-011.jpg

Last night watched the Marina Abramovic doc. It was alright, some of the retrospective footage was great. Not sure if it really made me like her more or less. She's a bit of a diva but a reasonably likeable one.

Watched it again only a couple of weeks ago. It's very enjoyable and yeah one of that last decent ones. Was Sweet and Lowdown before or after that? Midnight in Paris was good, if not laugh out loud funny like those above. I like the look of his latest, although could just be Emma Stone in the trailor.
Sweet and Lowdown was good. I forget that's a Woody Allen movie because he's not riding a teenager in it.

Midnight In Paris, Blue Jasmine I really liked.

Was surprised how unshit Whatever Works was a few months back.

have probably seen about 5 others post Deconstructing Harry (1997).

lot of crud there alright

have Cassandra's Dream lined up for some night this week. know nothing about it aside from Farrell and Mcgregor being in it

have Cassandra's Dream lined up for some night this week. know nothing about it aside from Farrell and Mcgregor being in it
I haven't seen those films...because of Woody... any i've seen post DH haven't been great. Up to the point where I stopped watching them, that is. I might give them a lash, see if I have any more Woody love in the tank.

Saw Two Days, One Night last week. Best movie I've seen so far this year. Marion is excellent in it. Great premise that throws up a host of interesting quandries on the nature of democracy, depression, worker's rights and sexism both at home and in the workplace.
-Mesmerising--Marion-Coti-011.jpg

Last night watched the Marina Abramovic doc. It was alright, some of the retrospective footage was great. Not sure if it really made me like her more or less. She's a bit of a diva but a reasonably likeable one.

Yeah saw Two Days One Night a few weeks back, and it is great. Marion Cotillard is actually very good at acting. And looking pretty good. Haha

A walk amongst the tombstones

Liam Neeson is a man with a particular set of skills. Skills that will make him a nightmare for some dudes that are murdering people.
Michael Collins plays a private detective that used to be a cop ("I SHOT A KID") and gets hired by a drug dealer to track down some killers.
This film is actually genuinely quite good. The Americans it seems have been taking lessons from the Scandinavians in how to make really good gritty dark thrillers, and this ain't up to Danish standards, but it's a good watch nonetheless.
Brian Mills doesn't really go around beating people up in this film like he does in other films, but he still does enough to keep it interesting.
Surprisingly good show, although nothing groundbreaking by any means.

Blue Jasmine is good alright. Cassandra's Dream is supposed to be torture

keeping with my recent batch of New York movies. watched The Panic In Needle Park tonight. Brilliant movie about junkies on the upper west side. Al Pacino is deadly in it (last movie pre Godfather). As is Kitty Winn. Didn't know about it until recently. Just a really good drama about how a community of drug addicts get through their days with a disaster of a relationship thrown in for good measure. highly recommended.

MV5BMTgxOTY5Mjk1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkyMjEzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

A walk amongst the tombstones

Liam Neeson is a man with a particular set of skills. Skills that will make him a nightmare for some dudes that are murdering people.
Michael Collins plays a private detective that used to be a cop ("I SHOT A KID") and gets hired by a drug dealer to track down some killers.
This film is actually genuinely quite good. The Americans it seems have been taking lessons from the Scandinavians in how to make really good gritty dark thrillers, and this ain't up to Danish standards, but it's a good watch nonetheless.
Brian Mills doesn't really go around beating people up in this film like he does in other films, but he still does enough to keep it interesting.
Surprisingly good show, although nothing groundbreaking by any means.

Also, Liam Neeson's character is called Scudder in this film, and it sounds like people keep saying @scutter

Frank. Thought this was alright. A bit meandering and plotless but quite funny in parts. The third act is a bit of a downer. Definitely the worst of Lenny Abrahamson's films that I've seen so far.
Frank_movie_poster.jpg

I really liked Frank. The music was great and the soundtrack is out on Monday

Amazon product ASIN B00MR4FQIS
1. Jon's Crap Songs - Domhnall Gleeson
2. Ginger Crouton - Michael Fassbender, The Soronprfbs and Stephen Rennicks
3. Welcome To Vetno - Stephen Rennicks
4. Lay An Egg - The Soronprfbs and Stephen Rennicks
5. Frank's Dawn Chorus - Stephen Rennicks
6. Jon Shares His Songs - Domhnall Gleeson
7. Lone Standing Tuft - Michael Fassbender and Stephen Rennicks
8. Work Begins In Earnest - Stephen Rennicks
9. Creaky Door - The Soronprfbs
10. Be Still (Don's Song) - Scoot McNairy, Darragh O'Kelly and Stephen Rennicks
11. Idiot Shriek - Stephen Rennicks
12. The Holidaymakers - Stephen Rennicks and Evanna Lyons
13. Again - The Soronprfbs
14. Jon's Song Changed By Frank And Clara - Michael Fassbender, Domhnall Gleeson and Stephen Rennicks
15. Secure The Galactic Perimeter - Michael Fassbender, The Soronprfbs and Stephen Rennicks
16. Broken - Michael Fassbender, The Soronprfbs and Stephen Rennicks
17. Viking Funeral - Orchestra, Karl Ronan, Stephen Rennicks
18. Just Like 'Paris Texas' - Stephen Rennicks
19. SXSW - Stephen Rennicks and Hugh Drumm
20. I'm Just Me - Jordyn Aurora Aquino and Stephen Rennicks
21. Frank's Most Likeable Song...Ever - Michael Fassbender and Stephen Rennicks
22. The Music's Shit - Stephen Rennicks
23. #findfrank - Stephen Rennicks
24. Lighthouse Keeper - Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Soronprfbs and Stephen Rennicks
25. I Love You All - Michael Fassbender, The Soronprfbs and Stephen Rennicks
26. I Love You All (Credits) - Michael Fassbender, Carla Azar and Stephen Rennicks
27. All Broken (Credits) - Michael Fassbender and Darragh O'Kelly
28. Tuft (Credits) - Stephen Rennicks and Lenny Abrahamson
29. Frank's Cacophony - Michael Fassbender and Stephen Rennicks
30. Stop Sign - Michael Fassbender and Stephen Rennicks
31. I Love You All (Radio Mix) - Michael Fassbender, Carla Azar and Stephen Rennicks

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back