London (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
Right
I'm moving to London on Sunday.

Any suggestions for places to check out? Good spots for good gigs/good record shops and all that malarkey.

Not sure where I'll be living yet - looks like it'll be the south of London.
I'll be working on the Strand, so recommendations on places near there are also very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

MacFlecknoe said:
Right
I'm moving to London on Sunday.

Any suggestions for places to check out? Good spots for good gigs/good record shops and all that malarkey.

Not sure where I'll be living yet - looks like it'll be the south of London.
I'll be working on the Strand, so recommendations on places near there are also very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

To ignore all of the questions you've just asked, I just want to say best of luck in London Billy- enjoy yourself and take care.xx :heart:

White Hart Lane!!!

You know it makes sense chap, and if you're going let me know, I'll probably be over for all the home games this year.

Two strangers meet over football. What a beautiful tale.

G'luck.

therecklessone said:
White Hart Lane!!!

You know it makes sense chap, and if you're going let me know, I'll probably be over for all the home games this year.

I'll definitely be visiting there. But it's pricey - the Chelsea game is sold out, and I'd reckon it'll be impossible to get tickets to any matches of note.

There's a mate of mine who has a Charlton season ticket. Seems like a bargain - he gets to see Premiership matches whenever they play at home. He's a West Ham fan, but the Charlton option is on the cards.

Oh! Thanks for the good luck posts!

Demand is through the roof this year kid.

Just checked the site for Liverpool tickets, less than 150 still on sale with 1.5 days to go before they go on general sale. That NEVER happened last year. Won't affect me this year, got me season ticket, innit?

Get yoself a membership. 30 blips, but you're guaranteed a tciket as long as you get in on the first few days.

Got a mate with a Charlton ST, says its a great spot to go for a game.

Best o' luck over there Bilmius.

Decent rekkid store I found is in Neal's Yard in between Neal St. and one of those roads going to Seven Dials. Y'know, near Covent Garden. It's in below a skater clothes shop called slam city. You go into the clothes shop and down a widning staircase. Also has a poster wall that'll have all the places to go see decent gigs and the staff's real sound, too. There's also a great vegan café on Neal St.

It's also near Magma Books which is fucking deadly.

Yes. That would be rough trade.

potlatch said:
Best o' luck over there Bilmius.

Decent rekkid store I found is in Neal's Yard in between Neal St. and one of those roads going to Seven Dials. Y'know, near Covent Garden. It's in below a skater clothes shop called slam city. You go into the clothes shop and down a widning staircase. Also has a poster wall that'll have all the places to go see decent gigs and the staff's real sound, too. There's also a great vegan café on Neal St.

It's also near Magma Books which is fucking deadly.

MacFlecknoe said:
I'll definitely be visiting there. But it's pricey - the Chelsea game is sold out, and I'd reckon it'll be impossible to get tickets to any matches of note.
Time for QPR to become your second team billy, we have board members putting guns to each others heads and all sorts at the moment!

As for the strand, there is a nice little sam smiths pub actually on the strand. You will get to know and love sam smiths pubs, cheap booze! But the strand is only a few minutes stroll from soho so you obviously have a million pubs to choose from. Personally my favourites used to be the social bars - www.thesocial.com - the one in islington is a right pain in the arse to find. Never ventured south much but Clapham is pretty lively I think. If you want to laugh at pricks with stupid haircuts get on the northern line and go to old street. And as I've mentioned before rough trade/selectadisc is yer best bet for records. Oh and if you fancy a bit f raving, go to fabric, best club in London. I might as well plug my mates club, www.uptight.org.uk, for all your indie needs once a month.

Stan Bowles said:
Time for QPR to become your second team billy, we have board members putting guns to each others heads and all sorts at the moment!

As for the strand, there is a nice little sam smiths pub actually on the strand. You will get to know and love sam smiths pubs, cheap booze! But the strand is only a few minutes stroll from soho so you obviously have a million pubs to choose from. Personally my favourites used to be the social bars - www.thesocial.com - the one in islington is a right pain in the arse to find. Never ventured south much but Clapham is pretty lively I think. If you want to laugh at pricks with stupid haircuts get on the northern line and go to old street. And as I've mentioned before rough trade/selectadisc is yer best bet for records. Oh and if you fancy a bit f raving, go to fabric, best club in London. I might as well plug my mates club, www.uptight.org.uk, for all your indie needs once a month.

Super smashing great!
This is what I'm looking for!

QPR always have a special place in my heart - I always remember their 4-1 win over Manchester United on New Year's Day when Dennis Bailey scored that hat-trick.
I reckon I'll pop along to Loftus Road for a few games.

Stan Bowles said:
Oh and if you fancy a bit f raving, go to fabric, best club in London

i tried to get in their one night with a bus ticket. i think isolee was playing.

BANGFACE

I don't think I've ever had a bad night in Fabric. Saw !!! followed by Weatherall last summer, great night. Only bad point of the night was missing americhord cos !!! were on at the same time.

And Sir Dennis Bailey will has a special place in all QPR fans hearts!

there are 2 stores so there are.

potlatch said:
Ohhh, 'cos like I thought that was somewhere else. Like it was a fake kinda one, and the real one is the Talbot Road store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back