Silk Road (1 Viewer)

I don't really understand any of this..bitcoins..eh?
what crime did they commit?

thats a bit mad. So they invent a 'virtual' currency but don't think to have things such as adequate encryption or security in place beforehand.

Suppose thats what happened with real money though when you think of it. It took a few armed robberies before banks and shops decided to try and get their act together.

Three men, including one based in Ireland, have been indicted in the US in connection with Silk Road, the internet black-market bazaar in which illegal drugs such as heroin and cocaine can be purchased for the digital currency bitcoin.
The indictment, unsealed in New York, charges the three with conspiracy to engage in narcotics trafficking, computer hacking and money laundering.
One of the men was presented before a court in Richmond, Virginia, on Friday after being arrested the day before, according to the Manhattan US Attorney’s Office.
A second was arrested in Ireland and the third was arrested in Australia, the office said. Lawyers for the defendants could not immediately be located for comment.
A Garda spokeswoman confirmed that gardaí arrested a 25-year-old man after a search at a house in Johnstown Court, Kilpedder Co Wicklow in connection with an international investigation into online offences.

Alleged ex-employee of ‘Silk Road’ arrested in Ireland - US News | Latest US News Headlines | The Irish Times - Sat, Dec 21, 2013

Who would have thought that the people running the most talked about illegal website in the world would get caught?

Bitcoin is super interesting though. I should have bought a few years ago when i first heard of it. I'd be a millionaire :(

i was looking into getting some about 8 moths ago when i first heard about it. That's another thing to add to my list of bad financial decisions.

On the plus side they are dropping in price recently.

Have you seen to cost of the mining machines?

I know someone that was getting mdma and trips off this thing before it went bang.

I'm glad I didnt chance it..I knew it had to be sketchy

I buy my drugs by paypal from a nice man from Dublin who advertises openly on another website.

Though I suppose if I'd wanted an AK-47 or a hitman, Silk Road would've been the better option.

All I'm gonna say is that it's not advisable to use bank accounts in your name and address (including internet financial accounts) to make illegal transactions.

but sure that's just common sense right?

Last edited:
thats a bit mad. So they invent a 'virtual' currency but don't think to have things such as adequate encryption or security in place beforehand.
The encryption on bitcoin is (apparently) bulletproof. Sheep marketplace just stole the bitcoins that people were giving to each other - like if ebay just took everyone's money

I bought EUR50 worth of bitcoins to use on silk road during the summer, but got cold feet and didn't. Still have the bitcoins, last week they were worth around EUR500

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back