Minor Pleasures (8 Viewers)

They aren't strictly speaking a cake or a bun.

We called them rice crispie treats... or squares (when they were made in a tray and cut).

My favourite marshmallow/chocolate combo were marshmallow top hats - they always featured at school events, usually with a smartie glued on the top with chocolate.

Toasted marshmallows for the win though.

The top one is clearly a cake of rice krispies. As is the bottom one. I'd call them both rice krispie cakes. I have however seen the bottom one called a rice-krispie bar in many cafés.

Doesn't a bun need sponge of some sort?

Bun is a small cake in my world. Or a small bread if I'm having a burger.

One time after a house party my girlfriend woke and for a horrible moment thought she'd shat the bed...but then realised the dog had been going to the flat upstairs robbing the chocolate rice crispy cakes/buns and hiding them in the bed

so, yeah

carry on

When I first worked the sites in the US, I had to do a Dunkin Donuts coffee run.
So I got everyone's coffee order and as I was leaving a guy from Tipp that I had missed called out at me "Large regular coffee........... AND A BUN!" (15 years on and I can still hear it)
By which I took to mean anything at all other than coffee that they sold in DD at the time - donuts, muffins, crullers, danishes, bear claws, munchkins, fritters etc. etc.

It's a pretty broad definition.

Where I'm from we had a baker that would drive around the countryside selling from his van. The kids would go nuts when he pulled up outside the school
" It's Jackie The Bun!" they'd cry

Cake the broad term, like the genus

here are the species of cake. Feel free to add to it

Bun : size of your hand and shaped like one cheek of an arse.

Muffin : Top part looks a bit like bun but with a shaft.

Doughnut : 2 kinds, this one is the one with goo in the middle. Round fat disc shape typically covered in chocolate creamy crap or lashed out of it with icing sugar. Not to be eaten while wearing a white shirt.

Ring Doughnut : Shaped like a hoop.

Cup Cake : Shaped like a muffin but covered in icing.

Swiss Roll : oblong cake filled with cream. The phallic symbol of the cake world.

Jaffa Cake : Shaped like a flying saucer. Oooooohhh Mysterious. 2 main brands of jaffa cake exist. 1. Jacobs, which comes with delicious and fresh sponge on the bottom and 2. McVities which is what Jacobs taste like if you leave them lying around out of the packet for 2 weeks.

Scones : Dry lumps with raisens in them. Anything you have to add butter to doesn't deserve the name cake.

Birthday cake : Object that people use to mock you with once a year as you get closer to death. Typically it's way too big for the assembled crowd and is found mashed into the carpet of the party venue later in the evening. Usually you end up with a shit load of it left over in the fridge, where the cream sucks in the flavour of everything in the fridge making it taste foul before eventually going sour as shit and it has to be thrown out. Fuck Birthday cake.

Wedding cake : As above but makes a mockery of basic human nature and up until recently all homosexual couples. Typically it's found in the grooms beard and therefore sometimes in the brides maids muff (heh heh) it symbolises the desperation of two people to have their love celebrated in public because they're a dried up repressed pair of lumps who can't celebrate anything by them fucking selves any more. It's over priced shaped like a myan temple and features a plastic man and wife standing at the top surveying the scene as though they were gods. When in fact everyone at the wedding is bitching about uncomfortable their shoes are and giving the whole charade 6 months.

@pete put a link to that up on twitter, Top 10 types of Cake that explain the Meaning of Life*, we'll be competing with buzzfeed in no time

*Alternate titles:

• Top 10 Cakes that make life work living
  • It's Thursday! Let's talk about cake!
  • Let them eat cake, top 10 cakes to get you through the winter

@pete put a link to that up on twitter, Top 10 types of Cake that explain the Meaning of Life*, we'll be competing with buzzfeed in no time

*Alternate titles:

• Top 10 Cakes that make life work living
  • It's Thursday! Let's talk about cake!
  • Let them eat cake, top 10 cakes to get you through the winter
ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back