The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (1 Viewer)

Ornette Coleman fucking rulez.

Ok..I'll cut to the chase...Irish acts.

Jinx Lennon...dosent sound like music to me

Mumblin Def Ro...sounds like music..about cancer..dont get the appeal at all

Any of the current wave of Irish reverby indie acts..too wishy washy ..again..just dont get it.

Irish hip hop.

Metal

ah here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's a pretty good example of what I don't "get". The guitars and drums are so ridiculously over the top and generally affecting and interesting and then there's a guy doing a bear impression over it which sounds just like every other bear impression, there's nothing interesting about it at all, it's not phrased interestingly, it's completely indecipherable, It adds nothing to the song in fact once the vocals come in it becomes indistinguishable from any other piece of that type of thing. I don't get it.

Why not just train a bear ?

That would be way better.

Don't get me wrong if the vocals were in anyway interesting that song would be brilliant.

Oh and Crabcore is obviously the greatest genre of music ever invented.

I see Slint mentioned a few times. I really like Spiderland, the rest I can take or leave

One thing thought..when I saw Shellac (I think) they had a few minutes of a questions and answers thing and someone asked the dickhead bass player "is Spiderland the greatest album ever made?" I felt like throwing up at the inbred indie cosiness of the whole thing

Like someone shouting ''genius'' at a Brian Wilson gig ( I read a review, didn't attend the gig)...shut the fuck up you fawning areshole. It reminded me of one of Charles Bukowski's rants about people shouting ''bravo'' in the theatre because that's what they thought they were meant to do

Oh ..back on topic

The Beach Boys

bah

There isn't really, but I mean they're held in massive regard by many people, but I can't see what makes them stand out.

that's because with Bon they were the best band ever. Although a lot of people seem to miss that and rate the records after him too highly,those records are rubbish.

They were all amazing musicians and session players but by that standard they were sloppy, or so I've been told by classically trained musicians who presumably love Steely Dan or whatever. Obviously anyone who says this is missing the point. Yeah Plant is certainly my least favourite member but there's no denying the amount of seriously good tunage in their output.

Serious amount of tunage lifted from other writers and claimed for themselves. Only good thing about Zep is John Bonham. I wouldn't call them sloppythough, in fact I'd imagine these folk you refer to can't get their heads around his drumming style which can be a bit off kilter. One might even say they just don't get it.
!gloat

For the record at lest one of them was classically trained whatever the fuck that means.

Ha can play for sure but doesn't do an awful lot for me. If I were a bigger fan of the band I'd probably rate him a lot higher but I'm not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back