The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (5 Viewers)

Ahh here leave it out

Paul Weller is fucking rotten but the Jam were KLESS

I can understand people's aversion to them. They're a bit on the serious/influential side of things for a guilty-pleasure and way too ridiculous for a lot of serious musos. Especially classically trained musos who can't stand how sloppy they play. But that's the fucking point. It's rock music. They pretty much invented it as we know it.

This is about Led zeppelin? They were hardly sloppy players were they?

I have a love/hate thing for led zeppelin. Some amazing music that just goes to hell as soon as robert plant starts singing. I'll never get over how such good musicians didn't notice what shite Plant was making of their music. then on other songs, like The Crunge and The Ocean it all works like a dream

This is about Led zeppelin? They were hardly sloppy players were they?

I have a love/hate thing for led zeppelin. Some amazing music that just goes to hell as soon as robert plant starts singing. I'll never get over how such good musicians didn't notice what shite Plant was making of their music. then on other songs, like The Crunge and The Ocean it all works like a dream

They were all amazing musicians and session players but by that standard they were sloppy, or so I've been told by classically trained musicians who presumably love Steely Dan or whatever. Obviously anyone who says this is missing the point. Yeah Plant is certainly my least favourite member but there's no denying the amount of seriously good tunage in their output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back