The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (7 Viewers)

they're not the same thing at all IMO. You can see the merit in something and still not like it. The point of this thread was bands that clearly have something going for them, I know enough to know that much, but I just don't like what it is they're doing. No way does this equate to them being shit.

He can't countenance the notion that he might actually be missing something. He doesn't 'think' something is shit, for him it 'is' shit.

I don't think I've ever come across a band or musician I don't "get"... just plenty I dislike, but they're very easy to ignore.

did you ever go to a gig where the rest of the crowd were totally into the band playing and you were just standing there wondering what you were missing because you just couldn't get into it in the same way? Easy to ignore after the fact, I'm sure, but often these bands will keep crossing your path again and again because mates with similar music tastes will like them, etc.

thats the kind of thing I'm talking about.

i dont get people liking gormless fuckwit bands. bands whos songs are all about being a wee bit lost and stuff, being lifes little lamb, huddling up to the listener for support, or the music, or the band. gormless cunts.

Thee Oh Sees: I DO get them. They're shit hot, sound great, make a brilliant racket. But I don't get why people don't see that they've no tunes and this is a bad thing.
Wavves: Literally no good songs. I have no idea why anyone likes them.

Edit: I DO get the thread idea but I couldn't stick to it.

the rolling stones
the beach boys
the clash

singers/bands that clearly aren't crap (because lots of people like them) but who I clearly don't get because I don't like them.

- Mountain Goats
- John Grant
- Future Islands
- Dirty Projectors
- Wild Beasts
- Xiu Xiu

I'll think of more in due course.

Apart from John Grant (who is AMAZING) I agree with you.

apart from the mountain goats who are amazing, i agree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back