John Terry fired by Chelsea FC (3 Viewers)

Depressingly inevitable. He won the european cup, but has had a bad run of form. You'd imagine John Terry would have to rape abramhovich before he got canned.

Chelsea are a sick joke. The smart thing to do here is get 'Arry on the blowa, give him a 4 year deal and let him at it.

The Russian wants Guardiola but can't get him till next summer, they'll get someone in to do a Hiddink and just get them through the season.

DiMattaeo was never a long term appointment, he just bought himself more time by delivering the champions league.

The Russian wants Guardiola but can't get him till next summer, they'll get someone in to do a Hiddink and just get them through the season.

DiMattaeo was never a long term appointment, he just bought himself more time by delivering the champions league.

So bring in another short-term guy?

I still call bonkers on this.

Di Matteo was always a stopgap, and I think every biggish club in the world is in a bit of a holding pattern to see who Guardiola decides he wants to manage, given the age profile of of them both I think that even Wenger and Ferguson would both be put out to pasture if he decided that he wanted to go the the emirates or old trafford, the current Bayern coach's contract is up at the end of the season. Inter have no compunction about sacking managers, maybe only Conte of Europe's big clubs can feel secure in his position (plus, for other reasons Villanova and Mourihno). But if he was only a stopgap, so they're essentially writing off a season with proper management why fire him?

Bit of talk about Benitez, but I doubt he'd want ot take it for six months while everyone else is playing wait and see re: Pep.

The Benitez rumours are persisting. After all the gob about wanting to play a certain way, i.e. attacking, flowing stuff, etc, he wants Benitez? It doesn't make sense on any level, but then, Chelsea rarely do.

Didier Drogba coming back too? If this was Dream Team you'd turn it off.

amazing to read the vitriol towards benitez on the blogs. english football supporters are thick as pigshit. the guy is one of the smartest people working in football. chelski scum seem not to understand that the reason they hated benitez was that he put together a team that prevented them from winning the CL. twice.

I can't see Pep touching that job with a barge pole. Chelsea go against pretty much everything he stands for.

DO you think he's done this to make Torres happy? As for Benitez, this is just Inter all over again. It's funny given the amount of tin Chelsea have picked up over the last few years, what an absolute basket case they are. A new manager every year gives you leagues and cups, whereas over at arsenal, managerial stability goes 8 years without a pot. Hmmm.

I can't see Pep touching that job with a barge pole. Chelsea go against pretty much everything he stands for.

DO you think he's done this to make Torres happy? As for Benitez, this is just Inter all over again.

Not that it's a big deal really, the confed cup of club football, but Benitez could win the world club championship twice in 3 years having barely worked at all in that time.

How many years salary did he get from that 12 months when he was fired by Liverpool and Inter in quick succession? Kerching!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back