What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (15 Viewers)

I should maybe post these in freecycle but if anybody (who can meet me in the city centre or is near swords) wants any of these just pm me.

cult_of_the_amateur1_1.jpg

4194G1EPS1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I should maybe post these in freecycle but if anybody (who can meet me in the city centre or is near swords) wants any of these just pm me.

cult_of_the_amateur1_1.jpg

This guy is completely wrongheaded about everything.

In fact I notice lately that you-tube is one of the first spots I search if I am interested in something.

What Keen fails to see in all his whining about stupid user generated content is how fundamentally sites like you-tube have changed how we communicate. You-tube not just leave Brittney alone, it's every news clip, every documentary.

You-tube in particular seems to have reached a critical mass in the last 12 months where now we expect any part of our visual culture to be available on it.

This is new, and different and important, and if part of the price is strange webcam blogs - so what - disk space is cheap.

finished "the third policeman" by flann o'brien yesterday. i really liked it. well written, weird, excellent.

last weekend i had finished "indignation" by philip roth. another book i really enjoyed. very good

the 3 books i'm at the minute

the brief wondrous life of oscar wao - junot diaz [will finish this week.]
whatever - michel houellrbecq
let the great world spin - colum mccann

i am going to finish these three books before i start any others.

Might put this on my Christmas list. Worth readin' yeah? He kind of really annoys me in real life...

Yeah it's a good history of the banks in Ireland, and the stunning breadth of their hubris.

The cover though.......Jesus. I'm not a graphics person and I know about 99.9% of the people here are but.....It's terrible isn't it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back