Leaving the Catholic Church - countmeout.ie (4 Viewers)

Re: Leaving the Catholic Church

explain yourself unicron, i'm frightened.

explain yourself unicron, i'm frightened.

The Mormons have baptised pretty much everyone on the planet. Basically what happens is that the members of their church volunteer to get baptised on behalf of other people, some people have been baptised hundreds of times in this way. I think there's someone who posts here that's a former member of the church who did this a number of times when they were younger. On top of that they also baptise the dead in a similar fashion. It seems odd but in one way considering that they believe that the only way to get to heaven is to be baptised into the Mormon faith it's kinda sweet too, they're trying to save everyone.

For some reason they're also the foremost experts on genealogy in the world, their records are said to be impeccable, even for non Mormons. If you ever want to do intensive research into your family history and who your ancestors were then the best place to go would possibly be Salt Lake City.

Also (finally), the TV show I'm currently making my way through is called "Big Love". It stars Bill Pullman as the head of a polygamist family who is a member of a fundamentalist Mormon sect. It's very good.

I was a big U2 fan when I was 12. I used to go to see them play gigs and everything. Now I hate them. I figured just not going anymore would do. Following the churchy logic, do I need to fill out a form to leave?

If you were a fan and stopped being a fan, no. But if you were a fully signed up member of the fan club you might need to write to them to cancel the direct debit.

If you were a fan and stopped being a fan, no. But if you were a fully signed up member of the fan club you might need to write to them to cancel the direct debit.

An endorsement from Pete, that's made my week.|..|

i'd like to continue being a lapsed catholic semi athiest agnostic sun worshipper, but with polygamy. us there a box for that? i'd make an excellant polygamist.

"“There’s nothing there . . . it’s just a tree . . . you can’t worship a tree.”"

OH YEAH?

1224250319175_1.jpg

Residents attempt to save tree stump they say depicts Our Lady

there.are.no.words.

The fecking state of it! I was going to down to have a gawk at this last night since I only live down the road from it but now I'm glad I didn't bother. I thought it might be funny but that's just mortifying. I thought it was going to be some sort of shape in the wood grain but this? Aww, never mind...

Here lads, does anyone know if you leave the church do you get back a letter (or maybe a cert!) to say you've left? That would go well with my decor. What it an apostasy form it said on the other thread you were supposed to send in to them?

This is amazing, 100% fair fucks. There's been lots of threads about this on boards.ie as well, have you posted it there too?

Here lads, does anyone know if you leave the church do you get back a letter (or maybe a cert!) to say you've left? That would go well with my decor. What it an apostasy form it said on the other thread you were supposed to send in to them?

If you use our site for this we also generate a cover letter which asks for confirmation of receipt of defection. I've got mine back already. We've heard of some people being sent letters back asking them to meet the priest first! Best thing to do is send it off and then see what response you get. We're also asking people to scan in their response so we can see if there's a variation depending on the diocese.

This is amazing, 100% fair fucks. There's been lots of threads about this on boards.ie as well, have you posted it there too?

Thanks, yeah posted it on boards. Unsurprisingly, thread was locked. But we should have that sorted today. Posted it on a few other fora as well so just collating some feedback now. Almost 1000 hits since going public with it yesterday. Please feel free to pass it on to others.

you should do a press release to all the irish news agencies, and some UK ones, could easily get run as a story

That's a few weeks down the line yet, want to build some visits and downloads first, then go down that route. My dream is to be on the Joe Duffy show.

I was a big U2 fan when I was 12. I used to go to see them play gigs and everything. Now I hate them. I figured just not going anymore would do. Following the churchy logic, do I need to fill out a form to leave?

Seriously though, why does anyone give 2 shits? If you want to go, go. If not, don't go. But fuck this shit with forms and the like.
are you registered as 'U2 fan' on all official forms? do you include it on the census?

i wish i'd been baptised just so i could officially leave the poxy church!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back