films you've walked out of (1 Viewer)

And Ronin is pretty crap as well ...

On the other hand I really like two of the walk-out movies on this thread. Me, Myself and Irene and Ivans XTC.
i'd have to agree on me, myself and irene

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i love jim carrey...mostly

Films i've actually walked out of -

Don't Mess With Zohan.
Push.
Pirates Of The Caribbean 3.
Wanted.
Observe and Report.

A lot of others i've just purposely gone to sleep

never walked out, ya gotta see these things through!

But Dude, wheres my car? & The Transporter, plus the Pink Panther remake, yeesh...

Turd Sandwiches all

intolerable cruelty : having greatly enjoyed some of the coen's previous films - especially "oh brother" and "big lebowski" - i thought i might enjoy their take on romantic comedy, a genre which i could never really get with... i went to see this with two friends who are big fans of conventional romantic comedies, but we had to leave after about 45 minutes of this bland tedium.

king kong (jackson remake) : the first hour was so excrusiatingly boring that i left before seeing the big ape (kong i mean, not jack black, but close ups of his stupid face were a deciding factor in my jumping ship)

titanic : shit of the most insipid and cloying kind.

films i wish i walked out of but didn't:

star wars phantom menace : an obvious choice really. i got free tickets to the dublin premier, i never much liked the original star wars films but i thought i would give it a chance. i think i was riveted by how awful it was. surely one of the worst films ever.

the darjeeling limited : the prologue hotel short film remains the most horrendously pretentious thing i have ever seen. and who would have thought a nude natalie portman could be so un-sexy? the actual film itself was horrid as well, condescending in the most insulting way... they run in slow motion dropping their suitcases at the end, because they have got rid of their emotional baggage! ugh...

kill bill 1 + 2 : i don't care how fantastic it looked, it's the most shallow dross. that the creator of the wonderful "pulp fiction" could end up putting stuff like this out is a real shame.

baise moi : offensive but not for the reasons that the creators intended. french cinema's embracing of explicit material and verisimilitude has made for some superb works, but it also opened a hole for crap like this to slither through.

the matrix : what's worse than a dumb action film? a pretentious action film.

kids : i find larry clark's dishonest and masturbatory garbage - prurience disguised as "art" - deeply distasteful.

intolerable cruelty certainly was a pile of arse, baise moi too. that other larry clarke one (bully) was even worse than kids.

titanic was great though

intolerable cruelty certainly was a pile of arse, baise moi too. that other larry clarke one (bully) was even worse than kids.

titanic was great though

Bully was good. So horribley seedy.
I would've walked out of Intolerable Cruelty if it wasn't a Cohen Brothers movie. SO bad.

I've never walked out a movie no matter how shite it was!

Closest I came to walking out was Freddie's Dead and the only reason I stayed to the very end was so I could see the 3D bits.

Sylvester Stallone's Oscar was pretty awful, myself and my mate were the only two people left in the cinema at the end of that one!

the darjeeling limited : the prologue hotel short film remains the most horrendously pretentious thing i have ever seen. and who would have thought a nude natalie portman could be so un-sexy? the actual film itself was horrid as well, condescending in the most insulting way... they run in slow motion dropping their suitcases at the end, because they have got rid of their emotional baggage! ugh...

kill bill 1 + 2 : i don't care how fantastic it looked, it's the most shallow dross. that the creator of the wonderful "pulp fiction" could end up putting stuff like this out is a real shame.

the matrix : what's worse than a dumb action film? a pretentious action film.

kids : i find larry clark's dishonest and masturbatory garbage - prurience disguised as "art" - deeply distasteful.

Yaaaaay

titanic : shit of the most insipid and cloying kind.

Booooo.

Titanic is great.

It holds the official world record for the "most seen pre Angelus inverted nipple ever" how is that not impressive.

It'd be pretty cool to walk out of a film everyone thinks is great, just to prove how awesome you are to other people on the internet.

fuck that Jaws shit!

the darjeeling limited : the prologue hotel short film remains the most horrendously pretentious thing i have ever seen. and who would have thought a nude natalie portman could be so un-sexy?

it's the worst thing in the world. It really is. It's the reason people say things like 'Americans just don't get European art/humour/films' and the like

I don't know why everyone hated Perfume but I haven't read the book so it's probably to do with that

Out of curiosity I just watched Hotel Chevalier on youtube....

Yous are right...pile of wank :mad:

i've got that cineworld card thing so i'm always walking out of films. i'll go see an hour of a film just to kill some time. there have however been films that i have walked out of after 10 mins becuase its would be preferable to hang out on parnell street. those are:

john tucker must die
the curious case of benjarmin rimjob
swimfan

i regret not leaving:

the last indiana jones film
transformers

generally i'll stick it out to the end though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back