Meeting People / Aspergers (1 Viewer)

Just a simple misunderstanding - I don't feel comfortable on dating sites. Sorry, you probably didn't realise that.

The problem with getting out and meeting people is that it presumes there are places you can easily go out to and meet people, which there aren't. I feel it's too easy a thing to say and too hard a thing to do.

Hey, GG, have you tried any sports? Something that people who don't like team sports would do? Trinity run courses for rock climbing intermittently and one thing about that is that a real mix of all types decide to take it up. Or maybe surfing, or some of watersports that are out there. Or have you looked into doing a summer course that's related to some of your interests like maybe an animation course or maybe ncad/digitial hub may run something that would be comic booky/ arty farty. Have you gone into some of the comic book stores and looked at the notices (not sure if there are any, but maybe the secret book and record store may have a personals board) maybe there are workshops etc running. Maybe try and disseminate your interests a bit e.g. what do you like about anime//comics etc the writing or style of art is there something that is similar if not exactly the same, would it be on the nightcourses website?

Go to art galleries and photography galleries some times they have resources or shops with magazines which may have ads etc for various events and stuff happening. have you looked up seomra spraoi (sp?) those guys sometimes have zine and arty type work shops.

That's all I have for now.

The problem with getting out and meeting people is that it presumes there are places you can easily go out to and meet people, which there aren't. I feel it's too easy a thing to say and too hard a thing to do.

thats the thing though,meeting people IS easy.personally i work 6/7 days a week,i dont drink so dont go to pubs,my main social excursions are going to watch league of ireland football which is hardly noted for its sexy female fan-base yet i still meet people,just be a nice person,get a bit of self confidence,dont worry so much about it and the rest will fall into place .|..|

But maybe it's just easy for you because you lucked out? Most of the other people I talk to(ironic, I know, but I do know a few people) seem to have the same problem as I do.

It's certainly not easy to meet people you can build any kind of meaningful relationship with.

But maybe it's just easy for you because you lucked out? Most of the other people I talk to(ironic, I know, but I do know a few people) seem to have the same problem as I do.

It's certainly not easy to meet people you can build any kind of meaningful relationship with.

may i suggest looking into what Sarah said. she had some very good advice 6 posts ago or so

you don't know if you never try

honest question-what age are you?

aspie quiz: http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

check your aspie score and get an idea of the day to day effects of asperger's.
i failed, i'm a norm

poly12b.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back