Ethical consumption and drugs (1 Viewer)

So, to return to my original question, does anyone avoid drugs for exclusively ethical reasons?

Would anyone consider doing so?

Does anyone think that doing so is flawed logic? If so, why?

it is a bit of an influence on me - i dont like to think im keeping some cunty fucker with guns and any army of scangers in business. whether or not they should or shouldnt be illegal theyre only drugs if your talking about pills and stuff, comparing it to food is a bit silly.

if i had voidoids choice id take it but unfortunately the legality makes it hard if not impossible to be choosy when it comes to buying smoke.
and i did give up charlie and pills cause of the scummy fuckers that sell em if thats an answeer to your question?(it wsnt the only reason but it was one of em)

and i did give up charlie and pills cause of the scummy fuckers that sell em if thats an answeer to your question?

Sort of. You gave up coke and pills because your dealer for those drugs was a scumbag or because of the type of people who sell them in general? Fair enough, if it's the former but it's not going to make any difference if you're still buying spliff. If you move up the supply chain, it's the same people trading them.

it is a bit of an influence on me - i dont like to think im keeping some cunty fucker with guns and any army of scangers in business. whether or not they should or shouldnt be illegal theyre only drugs if your talking about pills and stuff, comparing it to food is a bit silly.
Run that by me again.

Run that by me again.

Wobbler said:
If Mc Donald's had a monopoly on food - I'd still buy food. If there was an ethical way for me to buy drugs, I'd go down that route.

It's not my fucking fault their illegal.

i was assuming from the second quote here that you buy them anyway and i was saying that its not really a sensible comparison, although i recognize that maybe it wasnt meant to be. anyway, you have to buy food, you dont have to buy drugs. unless your an addict (and probably even then) saying "im justified in doing something illegal despite the dislikeable things associated with it because it shouldnt be illegal" isnt a great defence of it.

I saw this ad a few nights ago (i was a little tipsy at the time so it freaked me out) i think its been out a while, doesn't go into the ethical side of drugs but still. . .
dont watch it Jane!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

anyway, you have to buy food, you dont have to buy drugs. unless your an addict (and probably even then) saying "im justified in doing something illegal despite the dislikeable things associated with it because it shouldnt be illegal" isnt a great defence of it.
You're absolutely right and I accept my comparison was flawed. You need food to survive and drugs aren't absolutely necessary for survival :)

But, my point is, that if you are going to take drugs, there is no ethical way of doing so. I was wondering was that a deterrent for people.

fair enough. i was saying there that it was (now that i dont really have any interest in them any more anyway)
Yeah, I went almost completely off drugs for a period of about 2 years and I was probably inclined to get on my high horse about the ethics at the time. I've started smoking a bit of hash again lately and even took half a yoke a few months back and suddenly the ethical issues aren't as important to me any more.

grow your own, then there's no ethical issues.

it's easy to grow poppies indoors.

a mate of mine just pointed something out to me about a lot of the weed grown up in Canadia / out in the US redwood forests.

his job is flying choppers to find the grow ops (he used to fly extractions in Iraq). He was saying its very easy to spot the weed farms.
a) they stand out like a sore thumb because they are a mad looking green colour.
b) there is normally a big brown dead zone / burn stripe downhill from the op because of all the fertiliser and stuff the pump onto the plants. Apparently the soil just gets so rich that only weed can grow and whole stands of forests and streams can be ruined.

just an interesting observation I thought. I never considered weed farmers were that damaging.

All smack dealers that I've met are total
cunts who would sell their own kids to
paedos. That's why I refuse to give them
my business. Coke dealers aren't much
better, but at least the ones around Dalkey
will drive to your cheese and wine soirée.
Pill dealers will throw you a free one if you
wait for them to chow through their bag,
usually around 4am, I find.

The weed dealers I've met are largely
disinterested video game addicts, but their
taste in music is usually eclectic enough for
me to be happy to spend my money on
their wares.

Vote with your wallet, lads.

Got meself some of these:

papjjbac.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back