What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (6 Viewers)

Friends Of My Youth/Alice Munro

Just brilliant. Wistful, melancholic, pared-down prose a la Raymond Carver, Tobias Wolfe, Richard Ford.

just finished sacks' musicophilia. excellent book, but not the one i was expecting. more about brain injuries and effect on music, rather than explaining the attraction.

I have this one called "This Is Your Brain On Music" or something like that, I picked up in a US airport. I've half-read it. It's interesting but a bit irritating. I must pick up musicophilia. I've had it recommended by at least one other Thumpeder.

gor-vintage07.jpg
The Gormenghast Trilogy by Mervyn Peake

Just started this.

By day (coffee break) I'm reading:

flowers+for+algernon.jpg
Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

I read the first one. have been meanin to read the rest. Took me a while to get into it, but I loved it.

Yeah, I find I have to read it slowly (maybe that's just me). It's quite descriptive. By the sounds of it the last one could be tough going.

Hoping to get a good bit of reading and movies in over the Christmas. As well as prayer and contemplation about the birth of our Lord.

Just finished:

200px-Never_Let_Me_Go.jpg

excellent. Alex Garland has just finished an adapted screenplay apparently. I'm sceptical

ooh good to hear it's worth the read have had that lying around for a while might hit that next... just finishing:

1-4000-7867-9.gif

About the founding of New York very very enjoyable... lots of interesting little facts as in the origin of the phrase mad as a Hatter etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back