• Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
Anyone here been? Is it as boring as people say? Or worth a visit?

Spent 3 days there in august. deadly place if you're into your computery gadgety stuff - Funan IT Mall & Sim Lim Square - or just shopping in general.

Spent 3 days there in august. deadly place if you're into your computery gadgety stuff - Funan IT Mall & Sim Lim Square - or just shopping in general.

No, not into any of that Pete. I have enough computers in my life.

Mr Pharmacist - yes, I am into noodles.

Same for Hubba Bubba unless you have a prescription.

Hubba Bubba? I don't even know what that is so there's no way I'll get caught with it ....

chewing gum is illegal unless it's nicotine gum for which you need a prescription. also illegal: spitting, jaywalking etc. the locals refer to it as a "FINE" city arf

on the other hand, I was propostitioned by a lady of dubious morals in a rather fetching little cocktail dress outside our hotel approximately 1 hour after we arrived.

Hubba Bubba? I don't even know what that is so there's no way I'll get caught with it ....

hubba-bubba-strawberry.jpg

chewing gum is illegal unless it's nicotine gum for which you need a prescription. also illegal: spitting, jaywalking etc. the locals refer to it as a "FINE" city arf

on the other hand, I was propostitioned by a lady of dubious morals in a rather fetching little cocktail dress outside our hotel approximately 1 hour after we arrived.

did you alert the authorities?

I was there with work and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if it's the kind of place I'd like to go as a tourist though. Great shopping (great in terms of choice - price wise only electronics seemed substantially cheaper). Fantastic food.

The hotel I was in was on Orchard road and was very nice although some of the hotels nearer Orchard Towers can be crawling with hookers. It's amusing at first but when they are walking around the corridors of the hotel I can imagine it becomes a nuisance.

All of the people in the office were chewing gum. They thought I was a bit mad when I asked about the fines - although I guess they are more circumspect walking around the street.

Spent a week there around a year ago.
When people say it's like one big Disney Shopping Centre Theme Park - they're right.
You could spend all day taking trains to different parts of Singapore and never step outside.
The malls are connected to each other by bridges and underground walkways - It's mad!
But the food centres are unbelievable and are worth the trip alone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back