Fallon and Byrne can suck my balls (1 Viewer)

Is the whole place closing down or just the shop part?Cos I was only on to them last week about booking the restaurant for next year and there wasn't a mention of it.

what? noooooo. i agree that some of their pricing is mad, but their speciality foods are very good and their fruit, veg, and meat are all excellent. also they're open late, which is brilliant if, like me, you tend to get stuck in work past dunnes' closing time: you can buy actual proper good stuff to cook for your tea rather than whatever overpackaged gubbins you can get in centra/spar.

also they do ace loose tea.

where did you hear this terrible news?

I think its just an urban myth. People have been saying its closing ever since it opened.

They do have ace tea and also the best looking staff in Ireland....:)

what's your sauce on that?

010134JH.jpg

And Stay Out.

what? noooooo. i agree that some of their pricing is mad, but their speciality foods are very good and their fruit, veg, and meat are all excellent. also they're open late, which is brilliant if, like me, you tend to get stuck in work past dunnes' closing time: you can buy actual proper good stuff to cook for your tea rather than whatever overpackaged gubbins you can get in centra/spar.

also they do ace loose tea.

where did you hear this terrible news?

the bird in blazing salads was saying it,they used to sell their breads to f & b but apparently are owed thousands by them which they were told theyre not getting cause they havent got a washer....anyway i hope its not true myself cause i love their special foods and their cracking staff :heart:

FALLON & BYRNE, Dublin's luxury food store, cafe and wine bar racked up accumulated losses of more than €750,000 according to accounts lodged with the companies office. In 2006 the well appointed premises located in the heart of Dublin's luxury shopping area, in the former telephone exchange on Exchequer Street, made a loss of €638,000 allied to losses of €138,000 carried from the previous year.

https://www.tribune.ie/article/2008/may/11/fallon-byrne-experiences-growing-pains-after-750k-/

So, has this actually closed yet?

Can anybody recommend me some city centre alternatives for
- A decent range of fish. Including shellfish
- Deadly meat
- Deadly cheese (Sherridan's I suppose)
- Loads of veggies, prioritish Irish grown shit

I'm really disappointed

No its not closed.

It would be foolish to close in the run up to Christmas. Around 50% of their turn-over would be around the silly season, so they might actually claw back some money.

I would be surprised if they keep going without some kind of changes next year.

ah great. it's closing down and I have never even stepped foot in the door. Life is passing me by.. :confused:

yea I live in a different country but fuck it....

So, has this actually closed yet?

Can anybody recommend me some city centre alternatives for
- A decent range of fish. Including shellfish
- Deadly meat
- Deadly cheese (Sherridan's I suppose)
- Loads of veggies, prioritish Irish grown shit

I'm really disappointed

The Saturday market in Meeting House Square, for all the above.

Oh, "Fresh" Supermarkets aren't bad either. I've been very impressed with the fish, cheese and meat I got from the one in Smithfield. Got some lovely fresh mackerel fillets there a few times.

When I lived in Dublin (up to Christmas 2004) Sawyer's near the top of Grafton St was good for fish, as was Mulloy's on Baggott St. Mulloy's also does game

Sawyers is long gone sadly.

When I lived in Dublin (up to Christmas 2004) Sawyer's near the top of Grafton St was good for fish, as was Mulloy's on Baggott St. Mulloy's also does game
Mulloy's is way out of my way
The Saturday market in Meeting House Square, for all the above.

Oh, "Fresh" Supermarkets aren't bad either. I've been very impressed with the fish, cheese and meat I got from the one in Smithfield. Got some lovely fresh mackerel fillets there a few times.

Sawyers is long gone sadly.
I like the market on Saturday but it's no use if I want something midweek. Which I often do.

What's the most central Fresh?

Thanks Squiggle

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back