Fallon and Byrne can suck my balls (2 Viewers)

I've only ever found the staff to be very helpful and cheerful, food is great too. Different strokes I guess.

you've eaten in the restaurant?

sambos are nice but a little on the thin/small size for my appetite. although if you ate enough of them you'd be guaranteed different strokes in the heart department with all those luxury a la beurre style toppings

1660025054_3bf6a27cbf.jpg

late.jpg

That would be a mighty gobble !ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa

gravy-
one red onion and one clove garlic slow fried in olive oil. Add small bit of veg stock so theres enough gravy liquid. simmer for a bit. whizz it up using hand blender if you dont like it so lumpy.

To hell with veg stock - BEER - a good mellow ale for preference.

you've eaten in the restaurant?

No.. didn't say that I did, but I'd like to try it sometime alright.

But yeah, I think the deli is great and the general floor staff always seem in a fairly good mood. They even play decent music which must help. A few friends of the other half's work there and they seem to like it. As supermarkets go, I find the staff in Dunnes across from it to be way grumpier and more depressed, although I can't blame them.

dunnes do duck?! jesus.
whats the world coming to at all. ever since he ditched st. bernard mr dunne's been losing the run of himself. time to reign in those bargains they were once so famous for.

Dunnes have always done duck. And Dunnes still have the St. Bernard brand. And Mr. Dunne is dead, long dead.

Why is it everytime I go in there:
1) all the staff look depressed or ignore you for five minutes while they chat amongst themselves
2) there's some middle to upper class aul-wan making a scene over something trivial and holding everyone else up
3) the lift is broken so u have to climb 50 flights of stairs to get to the ONLY toilet in the building
4) I fall over a box that has been randomly left in one their tiny aisles.

Goodbye forever F + B.

Upper middle class aul ones loudly making a huge deal out of fucking nothing is right there at the top of my fury list.

i like it. last time i was there was with Jane and we had nice food and chats. I haven't been there in a while but I went alot when i was doing my MA.

id have pretty much anything they serve but the potato gratin there is particularly good. with the coleslaw.

used to be a hot guy behind the counter, not sure if he's still there.

downstairs is nice. the bathrooms are cool. quit yer moaning. :)

i like it. last time i was there was with Jane and we had nice food and chats. I haven't been there in a while but I went alot when i was doing my MA.

id have pretty much anything they serve but the potato gratin there is particularly good. with the coleslaw.

used to be a hot guy behind the counter, not sure if he's still there.

downstairs is nice. the bathrooms are cool. quit yer moaning. :)

The deli is really good value for grub, and it's tasty. More deli food with La La. Needs more La La. Their lentil salad thingy is amazing and it's dead cheap -- it's filling enough for lunch and would make it the cheapest healthy lunch around. I like the cheese counter, too. They know their stuff and are really pleasant to deal with, and humour my stupid requests for 'whatever is smelliest, and then something that is a little bit smelly but not so smelly that it will ruin my carpets with stinky'.

The problem is with the pricing of everything else, which is all over the place. Some shit has doubled in price since they opened, and most of their produce isn't worth half what they're charging. The fact that there is a fucking bag of muesli in there that costs TWENTY GODDAMN CUNTING QUID is criminal. When I find out who the fuck thought that was a good idea, I will make a citizens arrest. I will also arrest all those who pay the fucking twenty quid.

I don't mind paying a little extra for good quality stuff from small producers, but when the Sharwoods garlic puree is 3.55 it's a bit of a joke. I have dealt with my fury by not buying standard grocery stuff in there, just whatever is better quality than I can get elsewhere.

Marking up stuff from big producers is a fucking disgrace -- if it's too expensive to buy in small amounts, then just don't carry it since Dunnes has it across the way. Use that shelf space for stuff from small producers who don't make enough to sell to supermarket chains.

Although I did buy some fucking produce in Dunnes the other day ALL OF WHICH WAS COMPLETELY ROTTEN. I'm madder at Dunnes right now.

The problem is with the pricing of everything else, which is all over the place.

I don't mind paying a little extra for good quality stuff from small producers, but when the Sharwoods garlic puree is 3.55 it's a bit of a joke. I have dealt with my fury by not buying standard grocery stuff in there, just whatever is better quality than I can get elsewhere.

Marking up stuff from big producers is a fucking disgrace -- if it's too expensive to buy in small amounts, then just don't carry it since Dunnes has it across the way. Use that shelf space for stuff from small producers who don't make enough to sell to supermarket chains.

Although I did buy some fucking produce in Dunnes the other day ALL OF WHICH WAS COMPLETELY ROTTEN. I'm madder at Dunnes right now.

Have to agree with Jane. I don't know why they stock a lot of the regular stuff. The high prices just give people an excuse to slate the place. A bloke in work won't shop there cause the Wagon Wheels are so expensive!! Who the hell goes to a place like that to buy Wagon Wheels! Bats!

That said, I'm a big fan, especially of the fruit and veg, fresh bread, cheese and deli. The veg lasagne is really ace. And they have the most pleasant, helpful staff in Dublin. Also, great music, no bright lights and no shouting for people over the intercom!

they do delicious veggie wraps,my staple diet at the minute.but apparently theyre closing within the month so make the most of it.

what? noooooo. i agree that some of their pricing is mad, but their speciality foods are very good and their fruit, veg, and meat are all excellent. also they're open late, which is brilliant if, like me, you tend to get stuck in work past dunnes' closing time: you can buy actual proper good stuff to cook for your tea rather than whatever overpackaged gubbins you can get in centra/spar.

also they do ace loose tea.

where did you hear this terrible news?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back