Check this out (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
I just got an invitation to a wedding of a mate, who's always been adamant about not wanting kids (though I've known a few of these who've changed their tune), and who's marrying a woman who's also staunchly anti-having-kids.

"Just as an aside;we have been asked by more than a few people can they bring their children/babies to the Church and/or reception thereafter.

Due to the fact that all of XXXXX'es friends and some of mine have children/babies we are asking everyone to make arrangements and not to bring them to the reception or Church. It is just not feasible unfortunately."

Fair enough at the hotel or whatever, but at the church? Whatcha think? I'm kind of disappointed with my friend, who is generally pretty sound.

their day / their rules

there's always the possibility that one or both of them can't have kids and don't want their noses rubbed in it

their day / their rules

there's always the possibility that one or both of them can't have kids and don't want their noses rubbed in it

Nope, I know for a fact that this isn't the case. Of course it's their rules and their prerogative. I just don't think it's cool. Effectively, it means I can't go. Not that I mind too much -- I don't like weddings anyway. Especially country weddings.

heh heh - you're not gonna teach them about the black arts are you?

actually, that might not be so bad, kids are gonna hear about that stuff eventually

I know a few people, including my sister, who had a 'no children' policy at their wedding. My sis loves children, but she knew that the children of some of the guests would be bored and get totally out of hand, so it was fairest to not invite any children.

My cousin's flower girl - while incredibly cute and all - behaved so badly that my cuz ended up in floods of tears. The kid was just bored, and then tired and cranky, but it was sheer hell 'cos her parents just didn't want to know and left the rest of us to deal with her.

Traditional weddings just aren't child friendly.

Edit: I'm sure the snakeysprogs would be great, but "invite one, invite all" applies.

We had limited numbers for our wedding and if everyone insisted on bringing their kids it would have meant there were loads of friends we'd have to cross off the list.

I didn't have a church wedding, but if I did I probably still would have kept children out purely for the fact that I've been to weddings where there've been a lot of kids and they made an awful racket all through the ceremony.

aye, totally fair of your pal not to have kids along, it's a huge extra hassle. the last wedding i was at with kids, one of the little blighters tucked into the wedding cake well before the dinner!

yeah totally agree. My sister also had a no kids policy and it made for a VG wedding. I'd absolutely do the same.

I think they way he's put it ("asking everyone to make arrangements") is polite and reasonable enough. They aren't inviting children to their wedding. What way could he have phrased it so that you wouldn't be "disappointed" in him? Or does he absolutely have to invite your children as well as you to the ceremony for you not to begrude* him his "country wedding".

* OH I WENT THERE! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back