Magnetic Fields (1 Viewer)

Times for tonight are:

Support: Darren Hanlon - 8.00pm -8.25pm, Magnetic Fields 8.35pm-9.25pm, Interval, Magnetic Fields 9.40pm-10.30pm.

Tickets available on the door.

deadly. just deadly. old fools was particularly lovely. as was drive on driver. shirley simms voice was stunning. merrit's a droll bastard and a lyrical genius. re the clapping situation, you could see he was in obvious discomfort. i reckon they should've handed out giant foam hands to the audience then we could've clapped our faces off.

I enjoyed this gig but I wasn't amazed or anything.
It was grand. What's her name on piano is annoying. It was one paced, lovely most of the time, but also sleepy. The only time I really felt myself sinking into the whole thing was for "Papa Was a Rodeo", which is just a fantastic song.
He's a gas man for the aul words.
I liked Steve's "no interaction" interjections, and his general narky demeanour.

My favourite moment was a screaming altercation between two women on the way out, re: one of them spilling a drink into the other's bag and not telling her.

I enjoyed this gig but I wasn't amazed or anything.
It was grand. What's her name on piano is annoying. It was one paced, lovely most of the time, but also sleepy. The only time I really felt myself sinking into the whole thing was for "Papa Was a Rodeo"

pretty much agree with that. pity yer man wasn't cranky enough to tell those fuckers sitting next to me to stop their "lolrzz!!1 he's like so hilarious" laughing. bunch of wankers. clearly the cranky humour is contagious.

there were a few annoying bitches beside me, pissed out of their heads and chatting and laughing all through the first few songs. Meself and the mads I was with got up and moved, but not far enough cos we could still hear them. After the interval we headed over to the far left which was pretty much empty. Was actually quite disappointed with the seat I got given I bought the thing as soon as they went on sale, and that it subsequently didn't sell out.

Anyway, the gig itself was great. I loved every minute of it and reckon it was hard to tell if Merritt was being serious with the 'no interactions' quips. One of the lads with me reckons he wasn't and that he was moreso taking the piss out of himself. It would have been a bit rich of him if he was serious, given the amount of banter between him and the lady on piano (who I thought was great - I'm off to look for her on facebook now!).

deadly. just deadly. old fools was particularly lovely. as was drive on driver. shirley simms voice was stunning. merrit's a droll bastard and a lyrical genius. re the clapping situation, you could see he was in obvious discomfort. i reckon they should've handed out giant foam hands to the audience then we could've clapped our faces off.
I was also really impressed by that gig. I think they did all their songs justice live and loved the onstage banter. Great gig.

My favourite moment was a screaming altercation between two women on the way out, re: one of them spilling a drink into the other's bag and not telling her.
Caught some of that. Great stuff.

The two highlights for me were Papa Was A Rodeo and Yeah Oh Yeah. I never heard and Sixths stuff before but was really impressed. Anybody want to recommend me an album?

Both of the 6ths albums are worth getting (Wasp's Nest and Hyacinths and Thistles). I suppose the first is more consistent (and features a host of early-mid 90's indie royalty). I prefer some of the songs on H&T, but overall that album is fairly patchy.

Loved the set last night. Was very happy to hear Gothic Archies and stuff from the film soundtracks. And even a song from Showtunes.

All the songs from i were my highlights. That man has a way with lyrics that can reduce me to tears. I loved every minute of the show but my back/neck still hurts.

The girly bag fight was most hilarious.

Great gig, I'd forgotten just how brilliant this band were. Very impressed with the variety of the set, dipping into the older albums, 6ths and Gothic Archies stuff, we were just missing a Future Bible Heroes track. Thought the arrangements of the Distortion songs were much better than the album and liked that they switched the vocalists from the originals.

Highlight had to be the 6ths - As You Turn To Go, wish I could replace the recorded Momus vocal with Stephen's from last night.

I was kinda hoping the second half might be a bit more upbeat...I would have loved to hear:

All the desperate things you've made me do
Luckiest guy on the Lower East Side
I thought I was your boyfriend

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back