Your work situation (1 Viewer)

I'm WFH today, so I'm still in PJs and vegging out on the sofa.
I didnt know the outside of the apartment block was being painted today so when I saw someone's head pop up outside (I'm on the 3rd floor) I got a fright and chucked my laptop.
It still turns on but the outside is a bit worse for wear, and I need to make up a good lie for the IT guys.

I messed up in work by not chasing something up and it has the potential to be a big enough deal. The deadline on getting this sent back to me is 3 today so I'm not sure if I'm better off holding tight until then or just fessing up to my stupidity.

I messed up in work by not chasing something up and it has the potential to be a big enough deal. The deadline on getting this sent back to me is 3 today so I'm not sure if I'm better off holding tight until then or just fessing up to my stupidity.
If someone else has a deadline to get a thing back to me it’s not up to me to hound them for it..,, I mean I *might*, and I might *normally*, but things come up. More important things that *are* my responsibility.

Was just about to reply but saw that it's past 3. Did it work out?

I managed to sort it just in time.
Everyone’s supposed to be an adult but I still have to ring them, then send a formal letter, follow up email 2 days later and then 3 more emails over the next week or two to remind them of that we said in the phone call.
Pain in the arse.

I managed to sort it just in time.
Everyone’s supposed to be an adult but I still have to ring them, then send a formal letter, follow up email 2 days later and then 3 more emails over the next week or two to remind them of that we said in the phone call.
Pain in the arse.
SEP

since before christmas we have been planning a conference/annual meeting in the context of an absolute minefield of politics between various partners involved, and never ending scope creep in terms of making every ones dreams come true. It has been an almighty pain in the balls, as I've had to take a lead role in most of the programming and a lot of the general organisation.

Conference is next week, and I'm in the strange 'calm before the storm' phase, where most of what I next need to do will be there (cape town) rather than here...

You're the only one that will notice if everything isnt exactly as planned or how you want it to be. These things are a bit like weddings in that way.
It'll be grand and you'll ace it, so it could be your very own Catalina Wine Mixer.

You're the only one that will notice if everything isnt exactly as planned or how you want it to be. These things are a bit like weddings in that way.
It'll be grand and you'll ace it, so it could be your very own Catalina Wine Mixer.

ah yeah - I fucking hate events all the same. They are the epitome of hidden, underappreciated work, and everyone else's problem or idea being THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD regardless of the 1001 other things that have to be done.
and people always complain..regardless of how well or badly things go... but that's kinda water off a ducks back at this point. Not formally part of my job really, but I'm pulled into a helluva lot of them.

@magicbastarder I'll be down in cape town, yeah. Want me to bring you back some diamonds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back