Your work situation (1 Viewer)

ah yeah - I fucking hate events all the same. They are the epitome of hidden, underappreciated work, and everyone else's problem or idea being THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD regardless of the 1001 other things that have to be done.

May I steal this for any future cover letter I might write?

ah yeah - I fucking hate events all the same. They are the epitome of hidden, underappreciated work, and everyone else's problem or idea being THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD regardless of the 1001 other things that have to be done.

That was last night. Except with a bunch of large men who expect me to be an expert at everything.

Actually, the large men were grand, they're used to this stuff. The office people who came up with the "plan", not so much. They could've killed someone. But everyone is very important. Everyone else.
We had been planning last night's get out from two days before the get in back in August.

The large men got their last train home. Not that they appreciated it.

Just heard there's going to be another round of layoffs. This time affecting both of my closest friends in work. And I can't say anything. I feel sick.
I'm sorry
That is really tough

They just let 3 people go in here. 1 guy with 14 years, and another with 25 years
Just gone
Not "you need to work on this, or this area needs improvement"
Just go home and tell your wife your life is fucked and it's your fault.
Like is this not why we have these dreaded reviews every year. Also we have a set of core values at work and one of them is supposed to be caring. Like you're supposed to give a shit about the people you work with. Managment have put the lie to it.

Very sorry to hear youve been put in that positio, Johnny. You're a good person.

Last edited:
since before christmas we have been planning a conference/annual meeting in the context of an absolute minefield of politics between various partners involved, and never ending scope creep in terms of making every ones dreams come true. It has been an almighty pain in the balls, as I've had to take a lead role in most of the programming and a lot of the general organisation.

Conference is next week, and I'm in the strange 'calm before the storm' phase, where most of what I next need to do will be there (cape town) rather than here...
God bless you

I can't organise for shit.

When are you in Cape Town?

I'm sorry
That is really tough

They just let 3 people go in here. 1 guy with 14 years, and another with 25 years
Just gone
Not "you need to work on this, or this are needs improvement"
Just go home and tell your wife your life is fucked and it's your fault.
Like is this not why we have these dreaded reviews every year. Also we have a set of core values at work and one of them is supposed to be caring. Like you're supposed to give a shit about the people you work with. Managment have put the lie to it.
The dreaded PPR scores were mentioned. One of our finest people scoring below people who just phone it in. It's bullshit
And yeah, this place also prides itself on its ethics. Nonsense.

I was sure when my manager called me and launched into the prepared script that I was for the chop. But, no, no this time.

The dreaded PPR scores were mentioned. One of our finest people scoring below people who just phone it in. It's bullshit
And yeah, this place also prides itself on its ethics. Nonsense.

I was sure when my manager called me and launched into the prepared script that I was for the chop. But, no, no this time.
Feel you
Like I have had good reviews for the past decade and now I know it means basically shit
You're only ever a day away from trying to get the dole

And this fucking horrible feeling that this guy I know, who I like and see socially has had his life upended, and part of what I feel is relief that it wasn't me and that I'm okay.
And he'll figure it out but I'm okay.
I'll just whisper complaints in the corner to people I trust and pray that the cheques keep coming.

Steve ALbini would've been out the fucking door.

I was in Cape Town once for a work thing, and on my last day after checking out of the hotel I went on one of those open top bus tour things. Hopped off the bus at some beach and went for a little paddle, and then a fucking huge wave came in and soaked me up to the waist. Had to get back on the bus dripping wet

Yesterday I had a meeting with parents that have suffered a bereavement and today I had one about how to help someone that's been sexually assaulted.
I really try to stay upbeat and positive in work, but it's been a hard week. I mean I did get to meet some amazing people, but wish it was for any other reason.

Yesterday I had a meeting with parents that have suffered a bereavement and today I had one about how to help someone that's been sexually assaulted.
I really try to stay upbeat and positive in work, but it's been a hard week. I mean I did get to meet some amazing people, but wish it was for any other reason.
Good for you.
You did some real good and showed real kindness by listening.
Made the world a little better for these people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back