Xmas Parenticidal Urges (1 Viewer)

I know but at least he had a hot girl like that in the first place except for the accent I'd be there

are you talking about yer wan bradey married? cant think of her name now... i preferred her when she was a youngster and said things like "you saucy minx! i didnt know you was a lezzer" (to zoe). she's only 19 now ffs. when i was her age i was worrying whether or not i ought to wear my star trek communicator badge to baker place

Well Johnnyc is here now and I'm glad we can get onto the vacation part of the trip. Ahem. Right after I finish writing a 2500 word essay due on Jan 3rd...I suppose I have to start it first eh?

Can't...seem....to....stop....facebooking........

help

i hear that the actor who played bradleys grandad Jim had a stroke and can't act any more. he was one of my favorites. is gus still in it?

that's jim alright. saw him in an episode of only fools and horses
the other day. he played a crooked store security man. i sound
like racist nghthghblth now.

gus is still there, living with sean slater i think. still cleanin up the
bins and feeding wellard

i had a pleasant enough christmas and although im getting tired of it now its not because of anyone, im just used to having more space to myself. and my parents house is fucking freezing so i have to stay in the room with the fire and everyone else and endless Dad's Army dvds. I've a very sore throat and a bit of a cold so didnt go out drinking at all and my mother brought me breakfast inbed this morning which was a pleasant surprise. cabin fever will shortly set in no doubt.

my parents house is also unbelievably freezing. As we huddled in the front room on christmas day, in between making forays into the even colder kitchen to check on stuff (because my folks had gone out to the neighbours to get pissed), I discovered my da had switched the heating off - basically because he wasn't in, so he didn't care what temperature it was, as he was in someone elses gaff, soaking up their cosiness, for free. Gah.

I got mad excited on Christmas morning about Santy, even though I was Santy. Deadly.

On Stephen's Day I listened with amazement to my father-in-law give advice to my THIRTY-EIGHT year old sister-in-law about the correct way to clean ashes out of the fire, despite the fact that, as far as I know, the last time he cleaned ashes out of a fire himself was before he got married (in 1969)

I got mad excited on Christmas morning about Santy, even though I was Santy. Deadly.

On Stephen's Day I listened with amazement to my father-in-law give advice to my THIRTY-EIGHT year old sister-in-law about the correct way to clean ashes out of the fire, despite the fact that, as far as I know, the last time he cleaned ashes out of a fire himself was before he got married (in 1969)

my dad also treats grown adults like small children

in fairness lads, a few days with your family isnt going to kill you, just smile and nod, get drunk and be happy you and them are still alive.

I had a nice Christmas. Except for my mam and gran being complete wagons in the kitchen and turned up mine and my sisters veg food, cremating it, then complaining that we were being awkward, why wouldn't we have some turkey, etc. happens every year. but its ok cos they gave me loads of money.:)

Gaaaah I feel your pain. I've been veggie for about 20 years and allergic to dairy for about 25 years and my folks still can't get their heads round either of these facts. Used to be mad, ridiculous rows every Christmas (admittedly this was partly due to me suddenly becoming 14 again as soon as I stepped over the threshold), until it was decided that my folks are too old for this cooking lark and we started going to a hotel for Christmas dinner. Thank fuck.

I'd gladly cook for everyone but I won't cook any ex-birdies/ beasties and the rest of them won't eat veggie, which is fair enough. My teenage self is a very unpleasant self to revert to for all concerned, so I try to avoid staying in my parents' house at all when I come back to Dublin (from London). Luckily I have a very understanding and hospitable brother who I get on very well with, who has a spare room. Thank fuck x 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back