Whiskey (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 117
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 6
Dunnes are doing special offers of late on buideals of Irish and American whiskeys. Down to €18 some of them of late, and that was pre-budget. Worth having a look, I think they rotate them.

Dunnes are doing special offers of late on buideals of Irish and American whiskeys. Down to €18 some of them of late, and that was pre-budget. Worth having a look, I think they rotate them.
Yeah, they were selling 70cl bottles of Jameson for €17 yesterday, which is nuts. A 1ltr bottle would work out at €24, having been €38 originally.

Nuts!

would you like some whiskey with your candy?

pwned-facekick.jpg

Great. I just quit drinking and now I'm all eager to try this Green Spot stuff. Fuck ye and your limited edition temptations.

Just a note....

At one time, all whisky was spelled without the "e", as "whisky". In around 1870, the reputation of Scottish whisky was very poor as Scottish distilleries flooded the market with cheaper spirits produced using the Coffey still. The Irish and American distilleries adopted the spelling "whiskey", with the extra "e", to distinguish their higher quality product.

pulling an out of context wikipedia note relating to a sole incident 140 years ago is your idea of winning an argument?

i spit on your attempt!

scotland has 100 distilleries... ireland has 4... we do hand crafted perfection... you do mass produced muck...

pulling an out of context wikipedia note relating to a sole incident 140 years ago is your idea of winning an argument?

i spit on your attempt!

scotland has 100 distilleries... ireland has 4... we do hand crafted perfection... you do mass produced muck...

the original plan for Scotch was make something undrinkable, then charge 100 quid for it... people are stupid enough to think expensive = good... thus the Scotch industry was born.

In Ireland the plan is, "if we make something delicious, we'll all be happy".

Scotch, even the best stuff, tastes like tainted paint thinner.

Are you for real or just being argumentative? I reckon most whisk(e)y drinkers would have respect for both Scotch and Irish.

A little of both, though I really don't like scotch and really don't get it's appeal and really think that being boutique isn't enough to justify changing a lot for something that basically doesn't taste great.

Bleugh...

And yeah, I have had really good stuff.

I have repeatedly argued though, that Ireland should learn from Scotland and make a raft-load of boutique whiskey distilleries downthecountry.

Rather my taxes go to whiskie than banks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back