Whiskey (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 117
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 6
it is whisky... there is no 'e'.... and get to fuck with your irish shite...

i am scottish...

...in case you wondered...

it is whisky... there is no 'e'.... and get to fuck with your irish shite...

i am scottish...

...in case you wondered...

Just a note....

At one time, all whisky was spelled without the "e", as "whisky". In around 1870, the reputation of Scottish whisky was very poor as Scottish distilleries flooded the market with cheaper spirits produced using the Coffey still. The Irish and American distilleries adopted the spelling "whiskey", with the extra "e", to distinguish their higher quality product..|..|

I would say Greenspot is our best bet for quality and price as it is an exceptional whiskey.Redbreast is also up there,both I believe are pure pot still whiskey which is distinctive to Irish Whiskey making.

Just a note....

At one time, all whisky was spelled without the "e", as "whisky". In around 1870, the reputation of Scottish whisky was very poor as Scottish distilleries flooded the market with cheaper spirits produced using the Coffey still. The Irish and American distilleries adopted the spelling "whiskey", with the extra "e", to distinguish their higher quality product..|..|

I would say Greenspot is our best bet for quality and price as it is an exceptional whiskey.Redbreast is also up there,both I believe are pure pot still whiskey which is distinctive to Irish Whiskey making.

Indeed, I have one of these as well, very tasty:

redbrst.jpg

that's not my understanding -

Only 500 cases are made each year, all for the home market, with most of this sold through Mitchell’s shop at 21, Kildare Street, Dublin. Those 6000 bottles represent a very small part of the total Mitchell operation. But for a seventh generation family company which dates back to 1805, it is one they cherish as a vital part of their own history and Ireland’s whiskey heritage.

http://www.mitchellandson.com/green_spot.html
still, i don't think they do a 'season'; the bottles certainly aren't marked for the year of production or otherwise numbered.

I'm having a nice glass of Tullamore Dew. So lovely, is. At Christmas myself and my paw drink inordinate amounts of it.

Well if you can get to Meath in under an hour I'll pour you a glass and we can watch 30 Rock and get drunk together.

More for me. Damn my 9 o clock start. Oh well, you start early, you pass out early.

Not a fan of bourbons at all but maybe I should give them a second chance. When I tasted Jack Daniels compared to Jameson and Johnnie Walker in a taste test it just tasted like perfume.

Not to sound uppidy but JD isn't a bourbon,it's a normal Tennessee whiskey.

Try a Basil Hayden's for a bourbon.Kinda similar to Greenore.A buddy of mine used to bring me back shedloads from kentucky for next to nothing.Defo my favourite bourbon or any american whiskey and one of my all time favourite sippin' whiskies.You can get it here but you will pay a hefty (ish) sum.better off with a power 12 year or summit.

ann post...I agree a with a Powers+Guinness.Best pub drinkin' in the world.I was lost in London but now Im born again!!

magicbastarder...I'd go with the Greenspot but that's only because I really want a Greenspot!!
Im a selfish man!ninjaaaa

Dunnes are doing special offers of late on buideals of Irish and American whiskeys. Down to €18 some of them of late, and that was pre-budget. Worth having a look, I think they rotate them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back