What not to wear. (4 Viewers)

http://chtodelat.wordpress.com/2008/10/17/rukosyla/

At around 10 p.m. on October 8, 2008, sixteen-year-old Olga Rukosyla was murdered in the Sinyushina Gora district of Irkutsk. Witnesses report that three young men dressed like Nazi skinheads approached her. The men asked her a question and grabbed her by the arm. Olga said something harsh in response to their actions. After this the men threw her to the ground and kicked her for several minutes. Passerby called an ambulance, which took the girl to hospital. However, she passed away later that same night.

Friends of the deceased say that Olga was not a member of a political movement, but that she did dress like a punk and wore red laces in her boots. Insofar as red laces are a symbol of the antifa subculture, and an alternative outward appearance often provokes aggression on the part of Nazis, it is likely that this was the reason for the attack.

The first suspects in the case are the Irkutsk neo-Nazis “Boomer” and “Def.” Both men are suspects in the attack on the eco-camp in Angarsk, in July 2007. Boomer is well known for his abnormal, aggressive behavior, as well as for collaborating with the police.

Fuckin scum!

"In some parts of Britain and Ireland red laces are known to mean Combat-18."

I remember readin that somewheres, is it still looked upon like that?
I know of the mini-neo-nazis in temple bar wear red laces, and me polish mate Mick (yes that's his real name) wear em and he's very Anti-Fa.

:confused:

Fuckin scum!

"In some parts of Britain and Ireland red laces are known to mean Combat-18."

I remember readin that somewheres, is it still looked upon like that?
I know of the mini-neo-nazis in temple bar wear red laces, and me polish mate Mick (yes that's his real name) wear em and he's very Anti-Fa.

:confused:

I thought red laces in black docs meant you supported Bohs? :confused:

this whole thing is just a total bullshit blow-up of expecting normal people to know all the scabby, petty little ins and outs of 'political' fashion. what normal person has the time to follow all this. who cares?

did they make a really long, interesting speech?

Well, not really. She (of course, the instigator was the singer, an ultra-feministic, political crustie girl :)) just tried to ask the guy for an explanation, but since he was Spanish (i.e. his English was quasi inexistant) he just responded with monosyllables, what pissed her off even more (actually he admitted afterwards that he hadn´t even undestood her at all). By that point it was impossible to reason with her and they just leaved. Nonetheless, before they got into the van they justified their decission with some stories about how big and dangerous the NSBM scene is in Germany and a little summary of Varg Vikernes' trajectory.

Well, not really. She (of course, the instigator was the singer, an ultra-feministic, political crustie girl :)) just tried to ask the guy for an explanation, but since he was Spanish (i.e. his English was quasi inexistant) he just responded with monosyllables, what pissed her off even more (actually he admitted afterwards that he hadn´t even undestood her at all). By that point it was impossible to reason with her and they just leaved. Nonetheless, before they got into the van they justified their decission with some stories about how big and dangerous the NSBM scene is in Germany and a little summary of Varg Vikernes' trajectory.

what band was it?

as being part of this band finisterre, i think i want to put some things right about what happened in gijon.
she was actually not the instigator. and the guy wearing the BURZUM-Shirt was not a visitor, but was working in this place. and he understood well, espiacially because some people translated. So when he was asked, if he would know about BURZUM being a Nazi-Band with Varg Vikernes promoting Nazi-Ideas, he said he would know, but wouldn't care, because he likes the music. We tried to explain, that wearing a T-shirt with a political slogan is always promoting this slogan. So, wearing a shirt of the most-known NSBM-Bands is promoting their music AND their ideology. If you have a look at the Burzum-website, you see that there are no lyrics, but texts of Varg Vikernes, where he is promoting his racist and fascist ideology.
We, also as a political and antifascist band, don't want to play in places that are open towards racist ideas or accepting if people promote those inside these places and we don't want to entertain people promoting racist ideas.
You can believe me, that it was not an easy decision and it was probably the hardest day on the tour. We spoke to a lot of people after we decided not to play and there have been a lot of people understanding the reasons. Also we had a long conversation with the guy, who put up the gig and i think he thought about the same as we did.
I think it was a strict decision not to play, espacially because this guy was working there and was not just a visitor that you could ask to leave.

...and now it`s your turn to lynch me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back