What movie did you watch last night? (55 Viewers)

Dead Season: Zombie movie, viral outbreak. Zombies shuffle but have a lot of speed just after they turn. Most of the film is set on an island. If you like Zombie flicks then you'll like this. In general scoring 2.5 / 5.

Dead-Season-2012--Front-Cover-67392.jpg

I started watching Sinister last night. The pre-credits scene is great, really unsettling but it goes rapidly downhill after that. The plot it silly, the scares are lame and Ethan Hawke's family are so annoying that you pray their death comes quickly. I turned it off after about 40 minutes.

sinister2012.jpg

Saw Seven Psychopaths in Arklow Saturday - I reckon Johnny Stress has captured it very ably in his two word review above!

A little violent, a litttle self-regarding, a little laddish but still pretty savage.
Sam Rockwell is just outstanding - Sean Farell is actually morphing into Brendan Gleeson, Bonnie joins the rapidly increasing pantheon of wonderful cinedoggies with poor auld Uggie et al.

Bernie you turned off Sinister about 35 minutes too late - Bilge!

kp

Very good.
Seven_Psychopaths_Poster.jpg

Funny in places, but lacking something.

I used to think of In Bruge as the film with the beautiful part where Brendan Gleeson drops the pennies off the tower in the fog while Raglan Road plays.

After watching this...

All I remember is Finnes, killer speech impediment, ha ha funny.

His dialogue is pretty good, but it's all too blokey, if he doesn't add a bit of heart he's going to end up as a more interesting Guy Ritchie, and that's not very interesting.

Funny in places, but lacking something.

I used to think of In Bruge as the film with the beautiful part where Brendan Gleeson drops the pennies off the tower in the fog while Raglan Road plays.

After watching this...

All I remember is Finnes, killer speech impediment, ha ha funny.

His dialogue is pretty good, but it's all too blokey, if he doesn't add a bit of heart he's going to end up as a more interesting Guy Ritchie, and that's not very interesting.

I am more interested in what his brother is doing tbh. The Guard was deadly and his new one sounds way more interesting than Seven Psychopaths. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2234003/

Enjoyed Seven Psychopaths mind you.

The Reverend: Minister sent to rural parish turned into a vampire as he suffers a modern day trials of Job. Turning vigilante he cleans up a nearby sink estate. Definitely worth a watch as this vampire walks by day and certainly doesn't get cross when he sees a crucifix. (Looks like a typical "christian" brother below.)

the_reverend.jpg

Zombie Diaries 2: Above average zombie flick as an army squad make their way to the coast fighting not just Zombies but also armed gangs. Told in found footage format mostly.

zombiediaries2081911.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back