What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

The Day: Post Apocalypse, bit like The Road. Its down to humanity who try to scratch out a living and cannibals who eat human scratchings. Five survivors take shelter in a farmhouse but its a cannibal trap. (Those intending to move down to the country take note of this.) Classic siege ensues.

Worth watching, 3 out of 5. Canadian production, 87 minutes. Filmed in washed out colour, adds to the post apocalyptic feel.

The_Day_%28film%29_poster.jpg

first good WWE movie production?

I liked it.
I like KN and am always perplexed that she bugs the shit out of some people.

I also liked that the world actually did end at the end...no it's all been a big misunderstanding bullshit

Yeah it was alright for what it was. KN does a decent MPDG in fairness to her. Plus our very own Hello Moon on the OST brought a smile to my face

Margaret - Kenneth Lonergan's film shot in 2005 that only got released last year, about a high school student in New York who witnesses (and plays a part in causing) a fatal traffic accident, and the film follows her life over the following weeks/months as she deals with her own guilt and becomes involved with the cause of the victim. Odd, sprawling movie.. I ended up feeling like the subject matter was more suited to something like a TV mini-series. Anna Paquin's very convincing in the lead role but the problem is that it's a realistic depiction of a high strung, self obsessed, obnoxiously idealistic teenager who gets into a lot of shouting matches, so your tolerance for the film might depend on how long you can put up with the character and how much you can sympathise with her position. Interesting and well acted, but a bit patience-testing.

Margaret - Kenneth Lonergan's film shot in 2005 that only got released last year, about a high school student in New York who witnesses (and plays a part in causing) a fatal traffic accident, and the film follows her life over the following weeks/months as she deals with her own guilt and becomes involved with the cause of the victim. Odd, sprawling movie.. I ended up feeling like the subject matter was more suited to something like a TV mini-series. Anna Paquin's very convincing in the lead role but the problem is that it's a realistic depiction of a high strung, self obsessed, obnoxiously idealistic teenager who gets into a lot of shouting matches, so your tolerance for the film might depend on how long you can put up with the character and how much you can sympathise with her position. Interesting and well acted, but a bit patience-testing.

Saw that in the film festival and would totally agree with this.... also why I liked it in the end despite thinking it should have ended about five times before it did. She is so realistic that you just want to shake her silly and slap her. I was totally annoyed by her but because of it, it made her more endearing in a twisted way.

Contagion. Not bad, new virus, kills lots of people. Matt Damon, Elliot Gould, Larry Fishbourne, Kate Winslet, Gwynneth Paltrow, Jude Law etc, yeah its an all star disaster movie.

Contagion-movies-wallpaper.jpg

Cabin In The Woods. Young folks go to cabin in the woods. But is there something strange going on? Certainly Reality Tv, but who knows about it? Could there really be something supernatural involved? Works well.

cabin_in_the_woods_ver6.jpg

Contagion. Not bad, new virus, kills lots of people. Matt Damon, Elliot Gould, Larry Fishbourne, Kate Winslet, Gwynneth Paltrow, Jude Law etc, yeah its an all star disaster movie.

Contagion-movies-wallpaper.jpg

Could have been a great film if they cut half of the storylines out. I enjoyed the Matt Damon father stuck in the house parts and Kate Winslet Lawerence Fishburn tracking the virus but what the fuck are Jude Law and Marion Cotillard doing in this film ?

Could have been a great film if they cut half of the storylines out. I enjoyed the Matt Damon father stuck in the house parts and Kate Winslet Lawerence Fishburn tracking the virus but what the fuck are Jude Law and Marion Cotillard doing in this film ?

Well Jude Law was reprising his creepy role from Road to Perdition, AI etc.

Watched Predators on the telly the other night by accident. Was alright! Them all speaking english sure was a lucky break. Anyone know if it was cut much for tv? Jut noticed one obvious audio drop at the start, but that was it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back