What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

End of watch, didn't like the epistolary shooting style, in fact it made me feel nauseous, and didn't care for the end either.

Though I did enjoy the performances/interactions of the leads.

I enjoyed it but I agree about the shooting style. The way they started using 'phantom cameramen' annoyed me too. But I liked the 2 cops and their interacton with each other - reminded me of a feature length version of Southland.

Premium-Rush1.jpg

This was way sillier than I expected but I still thought it was a lot of fun. The 90's film HAckers kept coming to mind when watching this but with Fixie bikes instead of computer decks.

I think there was a good reason I had never heard of this film until I saw it in the video shop.
Flufftastic but tugged on a few strings here and there. Probably just my mood right now.

Seeking-A-Friend-For-The-End-Of-The-World-by-Rob-Simonsen-Jonathan-Sadoff-The-End-2012.jpeg

I liked it.
I like KN and am always perplexed that she bugs the shit out of some people.

I also liked that the world actually did end at the end...no it's all been a big misunderstanding bullshit

Lincoln

MV5BMTQzNzczMDUyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM2ODEzOA@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

When it's mostly about Lincoln and DDL's absolutely brilliant acting it's fantastic
When it's a political procedural it's a very good episode of the West Wing

Jesus though, I really hope James Spader was wearing a fat suit... though I suspect not.

Silence of the Lambs
silence-of-the-lambs-halloweenweb1.jpg

It was on youtube, weirdly enough.
Firstly is it better than Manhunter, I'd have said no before I watched it again but it is a brilliant film in it's own right. Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins are absolutely perfect and Jonathan Demme is giving a master class in how to build up tension. The star of the show though, which often happens when you rewatch things like this, is Tak Fujimoto the Director of photography and Kristi Zea the production designer. They manage to make the film look slightly beached out and dowdy. They underplay every single frame and as a result even the most outlandish of moments seem realistic because the film looks authentic. it looks slightly like one of those TV reconstruction shows you get on discovery channel.

Since this came out plenty of folks have blatantly ripped it off and failed miserably one of the reasons they fail so often is that their too busy making a feast for the senses and missing the point of what is actually scary. Real life is scary, cartoons are not. Silence of the Lambs gets just about everything it tries right. Of course 4 years later David Fincher went off the stylistic deep end with "Se7en" (IMDB tells me that's its actual title) and since then we've had style over substance nonsense like Kiss the Girls and Saw forcefed to us.

Anyway Silence of the Lambs is really really good. I might see if manhunter is on youtube too now.

The Day: Post Apocalypse, bit like The Road. Its down to humanity who try to scratch out a living and cannibals who eat human scratchings. Five survivors take shelter in a farmhouse but its a cannibal trap. (Those intending to move down to the country take note of this.) Classic siege ensues.

Worth watching, 3 out of 5. Canadian production, 87 minutes. Filmed in washed out colour, adds to the post apocalyptic feel.

The_Day_%28film%29_poster.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back