What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

Sexy Beat. Excellent stuff for the most part. The ending just kind of fizzles out though. There’s load of stuff in it that’s taken further in Under The Skin – surreal imagery, weird sound design, unusual camera work and it feels like a much more conventional film with identifiable characters and a straightforward plot. Ben Kingsley is magnificent in it. Whenever I suspect him of being a pampered old cunt with all that “Sir Ben” bollocks I just remind myself of this film and his performance in that Sopranos episode and my respect is renewed again.

Last edited:
Under the skin. Agree that tense dissonant score worked so well, adding layers where visually/story wise, not a lot was happening. Good mind.

Le Weekend. I enjoyed it alot. Not the rom-com I expected at all, which was a relief. Man, I love Jim Broadbent.

article-0-18A104BA00000578-814_634x518.jpg

Under The Skin - dubious ending, not much of a plot, but a whole bunch of astonishing images and scenes along the way. Creepy as fuck, and the score is great. Ultimately I'm not sure it really adds up to all that much, but I'd definitely watch it again ...

Memento

For the 3rd or 4th time. Still don't have it sorted in my head.

Was Leonard being shafted by both Teddy (Joe Pantoliano) and Natalie (Carrie-Anne Moss) for their own individual reasons? Did he have no true friends - nobody really helping him out?

What happened to Natalie in the end/ beginning?

Was Sammy (Stephen Tobolowsky) really in Leonard's imagination. Was it himself?

Still a great movie.

memento21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back