What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

I liked the story of the American woman and the lock on the bathroom door. That publican was awesome; I need to go to his pub in Cavan.

The guy in Mulligan's tells a similar story re: the lock on the door. It might be a widely told story. No less entertaining for all that though.

I got the biggest crush on the two old sisters with the pub in Bundoran (was it there?). I would love to spend an afternoon in there.

You are entering a ministry, Jill. This is more than a job, it is a calling.

The guy just went around to a bunch of pubs with a digital camera and made this.

Brought the fucking house down last night.

What have you done?

well i'm not unnecessarily aggressive, that's one thing.

I really liked that film, I watched it with my parents which was a bit weird as they barely drink. I liked the Churchill story in it.

Catching up on some films I missed. I rather enjoyed it. I have a feeling that kid Ellis is going to go far too because he was brilliant in it.

mud-poster.jpg

I'm a sucker for those 'coming of age films' and apparently any films involving sports with lockeroom pep talks according to netflix. Watched one last night with Joe Namath giving an underdog speech. I think I am going down that netflix rabbit hole again. Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Caught the RAID 2 on Thursday - awesome, action packed chopsocky, stab-fu Fest. I enjoyed it more than the first one - even though it ran 150mins I didn't want it to end.

Great Film. And I love Batboy and Hammer Girl.

Calvary. I loved it. Brendan Gleeson is terrific. The whole cast are terrific. Great writing.

This has been getting some of the most mixed reviews of anything I can remember in a while.. The BBC 5 Live lads and The Guardian loved it, but reading reactions from Irish people who've seen it the general opinion seems to be that the characters besides Brendan Gleeson's one are cartoonish and that the attempts at commentary on modern Ireland are clunky. Not sure if/when it'll get a theatrical release over here (Canada) but intrigued to see it all the same.

This has been getting some of the most mixed reviews of anything I can remember in a while.. The BBC 5 Live lads and The Guardian loved it, but reading reactions from Irish people who've seen it the general opinion seems to be that the characters besides Brendan Gleeson's one are cartoonish and that the attempts at commentary on modern Ireland are clunky. Not sure if/when it'll get a theatrical release over here (Canada) but intrigued to see it all the same.
Haven't seen a single negative response myself. Except from your man who reviews for Thumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back