What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

This has been getting some of the most mixed reviews of anything I can remember in a while.. The BBC 5 Live lads and The Guardian loved it, but reading reactions from Irish people who've seen it the general opinion seems to be that the characters besides Brendan Gleeson's one are cartoonish and that the attempts at commentary on modern Ireland are clunky. Not sure if/when it'll get a theatrical release over here (Canada) but intrigued to see it all the same.
91% on meta critic and rotten tomatoes. I'd say it's been fairly universally acclaimed by critics.

431800_477321242348239_303792333_n.jpeg

AMAZING. So many people getting battered in so many different ways. People getting their faces shotgunned off. Bodies being crushed between cars and walls. Legs being bent backwards. Hammers in the eyes. Baseball bats to the head. Throats sliced open everywhere.
WHAT THE HELL MORE DO YOU WANT???

There's 2 amazing big fight scenes, 1 being a completely mental prison battle with dudes running everywhere battering each other and single-take shots with the camera sliding through the crowds as all the madness happens, and the other being the big fight at the end between good bad-ass and bad bad-ass.
The only thing this film is missing is more of 'Mad Dog' from The Raid - he is in it playing a different character, but doesn't get to batter as many people as badly as in The Raid.

Haven't seen a single negative response myself. Except from your man who reviews for Thumped.

91% on meta critic and rotten tomatoes. I'd say it's been fairly universally acclaimed by critics.

Yeah, it's Thumped and The Irish Times versus everybody else so far, so I suppose it is an overwhelmingly positive critical opinion. I should've said disparity between critic's reactions and audience reactions.. this is mainly based on reading the boards.ie film thread and twitter, so take it with several pinches of salt.

Yeah, it's Thumped and The Irish Times versus everybody else so far, so I suppose it is an overwhelmingly positive critical opinion. I should've said disparity between critic's reactions and audience reactions.. this is mainly based on reading the boards.ie film thread and twitter, so take it with several pinches of salt.
Oh right. The Irish times didn't like it either ?

It happens.

10 Classic Movies That Critics Hated

I watched Dredd again...which is "a remake of the classic 95 Stallone movie" according to some goon on a website

Here is a 90's corporate rock song the Manics wrote for that film that got canned when Richey went all Houdini on them

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also, I tried to watch the first Raid and couldn't get into it at all. It was a combination of Dredd (2012) doing it better and having watched The Act of Killing very recently; something about watching a bunch of Indonesian militia going about killing people willy-nilly that made me feel wrong so soon after that documentary.

The Cure and The The both did cracking songs for the Stallone Dredd.
http://www.allmusic.com/album/judge-dredd-original-soundtrack-mw0000173770

Yeah I wonder was something bigger originally planned, half a rock album and half an orchestral thing seems weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back