Vinyl sales up 55% in UK (1 Viewer)

Do you own a record player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah the nah und fern LP, doesn't have all the songs but i can't be spending €50 on each album

Cloney Audio maybe

I see the elastic bands are on the outside - thats a nice touch!

essential.jpg

Anyone know how much the 2nd hand stores pay for a load of album? I bought some decks ages ago and your man gave me around 30 albums with it. They're all pretty terrible DJ Tiesto stuff.

Anyone know how much the 2nd hand stores pay for a load of album? I bought some decks ages ago and your man gave me around 30 albums with it. They're all pretty terrible DJ Tiesto stuff.

Try Spindizzy - although they've probably got loads of bad dance records already.

You'd be doing well to get €3 an LP I'd say

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think we've complained about this before
ARE INDEPENDENT LABELS STARTING TO PRICE OUT THEIR FANS?

Some recent examples: the triple-vinyl version of Zomby’s With Love retails between £27.99 and £30 at most retailers. Yes, 4AD’s vinyl releases come with a code that gives buyers access to a free mp3 version – a norm in the indie world, and something that the dance music world has yet to fully embrace – and are high quality products, but a little perspective here: that’s close to £30 for an album whose creator, by his own admission, barely bothered sequencing it. By comparison, Border Community’s recent triple-vinyl release of Holden’s The Inheritors usually retails at £17.

It’s not just releases in the £30 bracket that have become overpriced. Powell’s recent EP for Boomkat’s Death of Rave label is one of my favourite records of the year, but it’s hard to not feel hard done by when paying £10 (direct from Boomkat, with download code) or £11+ (once another retailer has marked up; no download code) for a single vinyl record with no artwork and a plain plastic sleeve. Compare that to Werk Discs’ recent EPs by Helena Hauff and Lukid, which retail at £6-£7 with full sleeves. Or, a personal comparison point: last weekend I spent £45 across a pair of second hand London record stores on around 30 records, including a Drexciya EP that averages £20 on Discogs’ marketplace. In some cases (for instance, Vakula’s You’ve Never Been to Konotop, roughly retailing at £30 on triple-vinyl, and Audio Fidelity’s reissue of the Blade Runner soundtrack, £25-£30 on single-vinyl), that wouldn’t even buy me two new albums.
http://www.factmag.com/2013/08/07/o...dent-labels-starting-to-price-out-their-fans/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back