• Poll closed .

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
sales totaled 168,296 units, according to Retail Gazette. Radiohead’s vinyl release of King of Limbs led the sales with 20,771 units. The report jibes with a recent study by Nielsen SoundScan, which noted a 37% increase in vinyl sales through May 8. Last year, vinyl sales were up 14.2%, though they only comprise 1.2% of physical sales, according to Nielsen.

http://mashable.com/2011/08/15/vinyl-record-sales-rise-uk/

Confession: I haven't owned a record player in years. Am I alone?

I've moved gaf 4 times and so I've lost over half the amount of CDs, tapes DVDS videos etc that I had before I moved out of my parents gaf. I won't buy another physical format of music until I'm in a gaf that I want to/can afford to stay in for at least a decade. I may as well have taken a few grand and just stuffed it down the back of a sofa in a black hole before I moved last time. Fuck it. I have an Mp3 player, a computer and a hard drive where my stuff is backed up and I'm confident that I won't just "let them slip in behind the radiator" on my way out of my current place. I knew a guy who had to rent a seperate room to fit his records in. If every CD i've ever owned was vinyl I'd probably be in the same boat and that would be bollox.

I have Vinyl Trousers to match my Vinyl flooring, with matches the Vinyl adhesive I have covered by cupboards with where I keep my Vinyl.

I have 3 records players.

Fuck off with yer MP63's and yer whypods. Giz a big round yoke with little grooves on with music hid in em.

Recorded music is made to be coaxed out with a needle you saps.

I have Vinyl Trousers to match my Vinyl flooring, with matches the Vinyl adhesive I have covered by cupboards with where I keep my Vinyl. I have a massive house which I bought with my tosspot inheritance from my arsehole parents dying while shitting in eachothers mouths on a ski lift in an area of Switzerland which is made entirely of Nazi gold.

In fact my gaf is so big I had to buy a second one across just so I could keep an eye on the first one while I was having it shaped into a cock by some slave labourers. Yeah see I have it all mate, 3 record players 50,000 records, vinyl trousers, I'm the shit mate. I have a speed boat mate!! a fucking speed boat! I mean who the fuck do I think I am? Fucking Scaramangah ? that's me though innit. Sometimes I hire prostitutes just to race them against each other. I put midgtes on their backs and they jockey back them around a greyhound track where I've got a bag of smack attached to the hare. We take bets on first faller and there's extra cash in it for the midget jockey if they really dig the spurs into the whores skinny little sides mate. That's how fucking vulgar it is to be me mate.

I have 3 records players! one for each vomitorium Mate!

Fuck off with yer MP63's and yer whypods poverty face with your small arsehole smelling flats and worrys about land lords or homelessness. Giz a big round yoke with little grooves on with music hid in em. and a fucking hangar to store it all in beside my fucking experimental cock shaped leer jet.

Recorded music is made to be coaxed out with a needle you saps. and glaoted about by legends like me YYYYEEEESSS PASS the righteous indignation fuck lumps

Fixed

I've given up on vinyl.Its too old fashioned.

I havent given up on thumped however.

Washingcattle for prez.

Gave up buying CDs last year. Only buy vinyl. Do have a turntable. Didn't have one when I started this idea though. The idea that I'd never have one again though seemed false to me, I knew I would get one. Listen to most music in mp3 format but if I'm buying its vinyl for me. Because its awesome.

save-floppy-discs-new-cds-800x800.jpg

I like vinyl best but sometimes cds are better (i.e. its not that long an album but you still have to get up and turn the record over every 15 minutes because its a double LP instead of a single CD)

I regret buying a record player that doesnt stop automatically when it gets to the end of a record.

if a hypothetical man were to be considering a record player, what should he be getting? hypothetically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back