Vinyl sales up 55% in UK (1 Viewer)

Do you own a record player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since the hunger strikes of 1981 I think the longest I've ever gone without buying a record is about two weeks.

My latest machine is a Thorens TD 150 MK-II. 1973 model. I also have two KAM decks which need fixing.

Never got the CD hatred though. They both have their place. I think the born again vinyl junkies despise CDs the most.

My turntable is in the attic and my records are in boxes in the shed (& my parents attic)

One day etc etc

I have a project-audio one, i forget which kind, it has a carbonfibre arm which your man in the shop convinced me was worth the extra €100 although i doubt i'd be able to tell the difference between this and the cheaper one. apparently having to lift up the turntable and prick around with a system of wheels and elastic bands when you want to change from 45 to 33 makes for a better hi-fi listening experience but I just find it a pain in the hole, i hardly ever listen to my 45s on account of this irritating set up. it was the best i could afford at the time.

see previous reply. also: £1,400? Fuck that.

whine/"what record player do I buy?"/whine
give a fucking budget next time you miserable prick
here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001USGM26/?tag=thumpedcom-20

like the reviews say:
"It makes a slight buzzing noise when turned on, but you don't hear it when the record is playing."
"wanted so much to be able to play my old records and expecially now with Christmas around the corner i wanted to sit in my rocking chair, beside a cheerful fire, and listen to those good old Christmas songs, while the ceder tree glistens with Christmas lights in the background.

Can you think of anything nicer?

I know i sound like an old grandmother, but I'm only 31."

whine/"what record player do I buy?"/whine
give a fucking budget next time you miserable prick
here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001USGM26/?tag=thumpedcom-20

like the reviews say:
"It makes a slight buzzing noise when turned on, but you don't hear it when the record is playing."
"wanted so much to be able to play my old records and expecially now with Christmas around the corner i wanted to sit in my rocking chair, beside a cheerful fire, and listen to those good old Christmas songs, while the ceder tree glistens with Christmas lights in the background.

Can you think of anything nicer?

I know i sound like an old grandmother, but I'm only 31."

now that's more like it

apparently having to lift up the turntable and prick around with a system of wheels and elastic bands when you want to change from 45 to 33 makes for a better hi-fi listening experience but I just find it a pain in the hole, i hardly ever listen to my 45s on account of this irritating set up.

It takes all of 5 seconds. That's just stone cold laziness. You must hate double LPs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back