Veggie/Vegan Punks where do you stand on abortion? (5 Viewers)

evolution happens to genes, not to organisms. there is no such thing as being 'more' evolved, or 'evolved to a point' - any organism that is 'evolved' is one which is alive.

some evolutionary stable strategies involve organisms eating just plants, others just meat, others both. all are with the aim of adaptation to a given environment.

for more on this, please consult my colleague janer, who does an excellent powerpoint presentation on evolutionary adaptation and the 'cider and punk gene'.

please consult my colleague janer, who does an excellent powerpoint presentation on evolutionary adaptation and the 'cider and punk gene'.
I chose my life (very carefully) and am extremely happy with it thank you very much kind sir!

so the phrase a rolling stone gathers no moss is meaningless???
Fuck that out for a couple pints of chilled cider down the grangegorman way...back in awhile kids.

so a phrase such as "the evolution of homo erectus to homo sapiens" is meaningless?
it's not meaningless - it refers to a species, not an organism. homo erectus and homo sapien are genetically distinct species, so "the evolution of homo erectus to homo sapiens" makes sense when considered as a species. or: it doesn't refer to a single person actually turning from a homo erectus to a homo sapiens, which is what it would be if organisms could 'evolve'.

the basic point is that evolution is a blind process of survival and adaptation, rather than a process that's meant to make us cleverer or cooler or whatever. somebody get stephen pinker on the blower, stat.

it's not meaningless - it refers to a species, not an organism. homo erectus and homo sapien are genetically distinct species, so "the evolution of homo erectus to homo sapiens" makes sense when considered as a species. or: it doesn't refer to a single person actually turning from a homo erectus to a homo sapiens, which is what it would be if organisms could 'evolve'.
ah; i get you now. i thought you meant that evolution could only happen to genes, and not species.

Moderator- can you change this title of this to :

"Veggie/Vegan punks- would you feed your foetus chocolate treats made with rennet"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back